Painting eye and around the eye area

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pddpcollector

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I need some tips about painting the eye ball, dark eye circles, brightening on the eyes and area around the eyes...
Thanks mates!

I like to paint the eye area -- inner eye lid, caruncle, white of the eye -- pinkish. Then I paint the white bit a thin layer of gray (titanium white with a hint of black), wait for it to dry and repeat. Then I might ink the whole area burnt sienna or something depending on how the eye is sculpted and the person. Before painting the pupil I varnish it with Dullcote so that when I paint them I have a better ability to control the paint.

if you are going for 1/6 then I imagine its even trickier, but if for larger scale I found this vid very helpful as he goes into alot of detail.

I like to paint the eye area -- inner eye lid, caruncle, white of the eye -- pinkish. Then I paint the white bit a thin layer of gray (titanium white with a hint of black), wait for it to dry and repeat. Then I might ink the whole area burnt sienna or something depending on how the eye is sculpted and the person. Before painting the pupil I varnish it with Dullcote so that when I paint them I have a better ability to control the paint.

Thank you guys for replying and sharing some tips, appreciate it!
My best regards, Pedro.

Back