paint wear on dx05 rubber neck?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

<BEASTMASTER>

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, one of my dx05 has a bit of paint wear on the top of the neck. Any ideas on fixes? I think acrylic might just rub off. What sort of paint do hot toys use on these body's?

Can't really help you there as I don't know what paint they use, but I'd use either acrylic with a medium or oil painting as it stay translucent. I know it's not the same thing, but I used to restore old 12" joes and used Cotswold replacement hands on them. The trouble was the hands were of a lighter color, so what I used to do was mix a very dark flesh color, painted it thick on the hands, let it dry for an hour or two, then wiped it off clean. It usually worked pretty well on coloring the flesh darker, so it might work for you.

cheers 16k. Yeah paints seem the natural solution, though this area is rubbing on the head/neck area. Another idea that comes to mind is carefully dry-brushing some diluted brown leather dye and carefully blending that in.

The area is covered by the head anyway, just fixing my OCD :D

Back