Paint VS. Waterslide Decals

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Felder

Super Freak
Reaction score
Paint VS. Waterslide Decals...Paint WON...WIP pix added

Fellas....I have a new SW project in mind and this involves Tattoos :maul...
What would be your choice...Watersliders or paint???

I dont wanna reveal to much yet....

Last edited:
I think you alread did. I mean, this is in the SW section, and it involves tattoos... not a lot of different possibilities for what it could be there... and you used the :maul smiley so...

If it is, in fact, Darth Maul, I'd gladly post pics of my acrylic paintjob I did directly onto SS Maul's body... he doesn't look great, but he looks OK from far away. Just let me know if I'm right/you wanna see the piccies...

I used paint for this but it rubs off. I think a decal would work better.

DSC_0026.jpg

have you tried using testors dullcote to seal it?

Yeah, I doubt it would rub off after being sealed... even a spray urethane could work, probably. Although I never sealed my afore-mentioned tatoo-Maul... I'm gonna scratch all the paint off and start over again someday...

Now I'd really like to know what it is you're gonna be tatooing Boba Felder!

and Lopie is that you're what's-his-face, Cade Skywalker? Whatever it is, it looks really cool!

I used paint for this but it rubs off. I think a decal would work better.

DSC_0026.jpg

Lopie, was that for your Cade custom? Did you get around to finishing him? As a fan of that now cancelled series, I was very interested in that thread and thought your early pictures looked fantastic.

Thx for all of your opinions...
@the dude person...NO not Darth Maul....

@barryo...One day I will get to doing Darth Talon (sounds wrong I know:wink1:)

Iam working on a Sith figure and I will try and get me some Watersliders today....

I´ll keep ya posted...

I have a bottle of clear paint I picked up recently that that comes in dull and semi gloss that is meant to be an undercoat to use on glass and ceramic glaze that you put on and paint over, then clear coat over that, and then it doesn't rub off. It works very well. I will dig it out and pop the name up here, but if it works on glass and glaze it will work on plastic, and it can be gotten at most craft stores.

WELL...I got some watersliders today and I tried my luck in applying those watersliders....Its harder than I thought I might have to switsch techniques after all and start inking by hand....

I am not trying to "tattoo" a body....the Tattoos will be on the head and in the face....BUT this is no "human" head....:gah:

Lopie, was that for your Cade custom? Did you get around to finishing him? As a fan of that now cancelled series, I was very interested in that thread and thought your early pictures looked fantastic.

Thanks, I had a Cade and Mace head made for me and it's been over a year and I havent got it. I payed a lot of money to get nothing, which sucks. So I set it this project a side for now, hopfully it will come in sometime this year.

Thanks, I had a Cade and Mace head made for me and it's been over a year and I havent got it. I payed a lot of money to get nothing, which sucks. So I set it this project a side for now, hopfully it will come in sometime this year.

Ouch!... If it's already taken a year I don't know why it would all of a sudden show up at your door... sounds like whoever it was really screwed you over!

If it ever does show up, or you find an alternative head, then be sure to post lots of pics!

I have a bottle of clear paint I picked up recently that that comes in dull and semi gloss that is meant to be an undercoat to use on glass and ceramic glaze that you put on and paint over, then clear coat over that, and then it doesn't rub off. It works very well. I will dig it out and pop the name up here, but if it works on glass and glaze it will work on plastic, and it can be gotten at most craft stores.

Hi Vivisect, Were you able to figure out the name of the product you described? Thanks. :)

Hi Vivisect, Were you able to figure out the name of the product you described? Thanks. :)

The stuff I have is by a company called Plaid, their acrylic paint brand is called Folk Art, and its called Matte Glass & Tile Medium. It can be found in just about any craft store with the acrylic paints. There are quite a few companies that make the same stuff if they don't have that brand. I also use it a a matte overcoat also.

Ouch!... If it's already taken a year I don't know why it would all of a sudden show up at your door... sounds like whoever it was really screwed you over!

If it ever does show up, or you find an alternative head, then be sure to post lots of pics!

I just got word from the caster he said he is going to mail it out to me. Please God let it be true.:pray:

I just got word from the caster he said he is going to mail it out to me. Please God let it be true.:pray:

Hearing about this made me feel silly for feeling bad when I get things shipped off only a few days to a week later than I told people.:lol

Now that I think about it, one of those late shipments was your Weequay outfit.:horror

Hearing about this made me feel silly for feeling bad when I get things shipped off only a few days to a week later than I told people.:lol

Now that I think about it, one of those late shipments was your Weequay outfit.:horror

LOL, well it wasn't your fault it was your wife's fault. That's what I say when I send stuff out late. Like Chris' stuff :slap

Back