Paint repair?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Hexagon

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I have no idea where to put this thread, so please move it if it's not in the right forum.

I got the Lord of Darkness LSB a while ago and I noticed something on his chin, I can't tell if it was nicked or what, but the paint was a bit off. And it bugged the hell out of me. And being the idiot I am, I today tried to repair it myself, but ended up screwing it up even more.

I'm feeling a little sad because I messed up this piece, will probably try to find a new one when I have the cash, BUT before I do that I was wondering if there are any talented artists out there who might want to help me out and repaint the damaged area for me?

Please let me know what I should do!

Best regards... a stupid moron.

:banghead :lol

Would probably be best to repaint it entirely. It would be difficult at best to match the repair with the rest.

Even if you're the best, talented painter in the entire universe?

:D

Ah man, I just hate myself right now for trying to fix this, haha. I just started collecting and I do this? Grade A moron right here.

I have no idea where to put this thread, so please move it if it's not in the right forum.

I got the Lord of Darkness LSB a while ago and I noticed something on his chin, I can't tell if it was nicked or what, but the paint was a bit off. And it bugged the hell out of me. And being the idiot I am, I today tried to repair it myself, but ended up screwing it up even more.

I'm feeling a little sad because I messed up this piece, will probably try to find a new one when I have the cash, BUT before I do that I was wondering if there are any talented artists out there who might want to help me out and repaint the damaged area for me?

Please let me know what I should do!

Best regards... a stupid moron.

:banghead :lol

Where are you based? Have you got a picture of this? If I see it I maybe able to help you?

Where are you based? Have you got a picture of this? If I see it I maybe able to help you?

I'll post some pictures later today!

I live in Sweden, but because of the volcano eruption on Iceland, all air traffic has been closed. :lol

I know what you mean about the volcano we have the same problem here in the uk. Personally I dont think its that bad and think it could be repaired

I know what you mean about the volcano we have the same problem here in the uk. Personally I dont think its that bad and think it could be repaired

When you look at it up close, it hurts, hehe. Especially with that white dot on the right side.

I'm sitting here thinking if it's worth it to spend money on shipping and the repair cost? Wouldn't it be easier to get a new one? In the end, the cost will maybe be as much as a new LSB?

If there is no structural damage, that is an insanely easy fix for somebody with an airbrush and an eye for color. That would be less than an hour's work for me. The only downside is shipping that big, heavy thing back and forth.

BTW, do you have better pics of it. With the shine, it's hard to tell what's damage and what's reflected light. Right now it just looks like a shiny red nutsack.

Back