Paint Removal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pzrwest

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I tried to paint unit markings on my SSC Clone figure but the paint bled under the masking tape. I used Model Masters Acrylic paint. How can I remove the paint without damaging the surface of the armor. In the old days before the internet we used Easy Off spray oven cleaner to remove enamel paint we didn't have acrylic model paint then. Any help will be greatly appreciated..... Harold

I'm new to sideshow freaks and I see no indication of dates on your post so I do not know if I am late or not. Sorry if I am late. Acetone will take the paint off anything and very quickly and cleanly but DO NOT soak parts in it. Acetone is strong and it can be diluted but i never do.

BTW, I soaked a plastic hot wheel sized car in acetone over night and when I returned to it, the body completely dissolved into liquid.. Acetone dries very quickly so wipe off the paint with an acetone moistened Q-tip or clean cloth then with a new clean cloth wipe it away. You will want to use this stuff outside and be careful, it;s highly flammable. I painted a whole 1/6 scale body once for my custom Aayla Secura. I didnt like the shade of blue so I wiped the whole body clean with acetone and repainted it another shade. Hope this helps. Also, if you paint large areas with spray paint and leave fingerprints, drips, smudges or imperfections, you can sand down the ares till they are smooth and re-spray. 800 grit sandpaper and wetting the paper and the work will even giver smoother results. Dying to show off my aayla but I havent made enough posts here to picture her here at SSF's.

Back