Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trunks weren't dreamt up by Sideshow...

Hulk-159.jpeg

It's cool if you guys don't like Abomination. I get it, but to call him bland and out-dated is just asking for someone who actually owns the piece to come in here and say otherwise. He's the only one in the business...there's not even another newer 1/4 scale Abomination to compare him enough to label him as dated. Why is he considered out-dated to some? Is it because he doesn't have a switch-out head which shows off a very prominent seam? Is it because he doesn't come with fuzed teeth and gums or doesn't come with extra sculpted toy accessories? Is it because he's not painted with googly eyes, or because his head sculpt isn't discolored from the rest of his body, or because he doesn't have veins bulging out all over his skin? Or how 'bout because he doesn't have a plethora of variants to accent him?

And why hate on him because his lower jaw makes him look like a gremlin? I would think it should...he's an Abomination. A complete mix of everything. A gremlin, a gargoyle, a reptile, a crazy Russian, an alien, a freak, and who knows, maybe even a little bit of dinosaur.

This piece is totally underrated and what's even more sad are sellers already trying to unload their new Green Hulk PF EX for more money than what this one (EX & Reg) is currently worth in the aftermarket.

And what's the problem with his blue trunks? They're comic accurate. Maybe the dude was wearing blue speedos under all his clothes when he morphed. Who knows? Either way, look at Col's pic at the top...the trunks are about as accurate as you can get, and the last time I checked in here, there are a ton of collectors who care a lot about comic accuracy (new Green Goblin PF ring a bell?).

I think its a cool piece but never liked the bright blue undies even if comic accurate. that being said the commando pants idea looks awesome. If ever got a good deal on one and the timing is right I would like having him in the collection

Appreciate that guys :) not much else I could've designed to go in his hand other than have something relating to the base - which was a chunk of rock ;)

Abomination was a Russian military soldier right? Why did Sideshow put blue swimming trunks on him then? Surely some military style ripped pants would've been more appropriate? ;)

Chunk of Rock is great... I really think its way better.

AS for the military soldier pants... Well SSC was going for comic accuracy.

I like the way he is drawn in the modern comics when Abomination likes to run around nude:horror

It's cool if you guys don't like Abomination. I get it, but to call him bland and out-dated is just asking for someone who actually owns the piece to come in here and say otherwise. He's the only one in the business...there's not even another newer 1/4 scale Abomination to compare him enough to label him as dated. Why is he considered out-dated to some? Is it because he doesn't have a switch-out head which shows off a very prominent seam? Is it because he doesn't come with fuzed teeth and gums or doesn't come with extra sculpted toy accessories? Is it because he's not painted with googly eyes, or because his head sculpt isn't discolored from the rest of his body, or because he doesn't have veins bulging out all over his skin? Or how 'bout because he doesn't have a plethora of variants to accent him?

And why hate on him because his lower jaw makes him look like a gremlin? I would think it should...he's an Abomination. A complete mix of everything. A gremlin, a gargoyle, a reptile, a crazy Russian, an alien, a freak, and who knows, maybe even a little bit of dinosaur.

This piece is totally underrated and what's even more sad are sellers already trying to unload their new Green Hulk PF EX for more money than what this one (EX & Reg) is currently worth in the aftermarket.

And what's the problem with his blue trunks? They're comic accurate. Maybe the dude was wearing blue speedos under all his clothes when he morphed. Who knows? Either way, look at Col's pic at the top...the trunks are about as accurate as you can get, and the last time I checked in here, there are a ton of collectors who care a lot about comic accuracy (new Green Goblin PF ring a bell?).

Not going to argue about the pants because they are comic accurate... Just not sure they translate well to fabric on sculpt....

As for the JAW... It just looks silly IMO and takes away from the intimidating factor he should have. When I look at him I see this

gremlins-700.png

I get what you are saying about him being an abomination but it's not comic accurate and it makes me laugh instead of looking intimidating. Just my opinion of course. I still see a very nice statue. Its just not the style I would want for an Abomination statue.

PS - I don't think he is bland, that's for sure... Nor do I think he is outdated.. I know I did not say that but I thought I would add that anyways.

Last edited:
Agreed, if Abomination PF isn't styled the way you prefer, that's understandable. I too prefer the more modern styled Abomination. But to call him bland and outdated is just asinine imo. I too would like to see a more classical rendering even though I do have the PF, but the artistic style does not invalidate the sheer mass, size, quality, detail, and dynamicsim that the piece has. Also I highly doubt they would make another 1/4 scale Abomination, let alone the same size. For me, I like how the PF looks. SS were obviously going for a blend of the movie version and the comic version. My only real knitpick would be to give him all white eyes.

Chunk of Rock is great... I really think its way better.

Thanks bro :hi5: appreciate that :)

I would like to see SSC go for a modern take on the Abomination.

3773105-8164338173-20665.jpg

Would love to see that too...definately up for a new Sideshow Abom PF or indeed if XM decide to tackle the character i can imagine it would be HUGE! I mean just look at what Xm have in store for their Rhino! :horror

Things change and so does supply and demand. There's a reason Abomination PF doesn't fare well as the original Hulk PF. It definitely won't hold well against the new Hulk PF in the future. So it is still Mr. Green's opinion that Abomination PF is BLAND and OUTDATED. Hopefully, SSC will make a new modern Abomination PF. We need an arch nemesis of the Hulk.

Things change and so does supply and demand. There's a reason Abomination PF doesn't fare well as the original Hulk PF. It definitely won't hold well against the new Hulk PF in the future. So it is still Mr. Green's opinion that Abomination PF is BLAND and OUTDATED. Hopefully, SSC will make a new modern Abomination PF. We need an arch nemesis of the Hulk.

In your opinion...that's fair enough for me Green. And I agree it would be nice for Sideshow to make another Abomination to challenge their own masterpiece, but don't count on them ever making one of him holding a vehicle above his head. Maybe a piece of a vehicle, or a small moped, or a scooter, but not an entire car. And if they do, don't ever count on SS giving him the same quality that this one garners. I bet XM would be up to making an Abom holding a vehicle, however.

Just received 645 EX. Has anyone else noticed that the head magnets are incredibly strong compared to Red Hulk? Not only that, both or Hulk's heads are lot heavier than Red Hulk's.

It goes for a lot actually and the reason you don't see too many for is is that the shipping is $200 or more

Just received 645 EX. Has anyone else noticed that the head magnets are incredibly strong compared to Red Hulk? Not only that, both or Hulk's heads are lot heavier than Red Hulk's.
The one on the neck probably happened when you put the head on because the magnet "grabs" the head... I put a heads up warning about that a few pages back.. Same thing happened to me... Had to paint it.

You other issues looks like issues I would Contact SSC about.

It goes for a lot actually and the reason you don't see too many for is is that the shipping is $200 or more

Yeah not to mention it's inside the biggest box for premium formats ever produced. Shipping it and storing it is a chore in itself. I know the exclusive goes for 900-1000 which is pretty good for "bland" and "outdated" statue.

Back