Original GREY HULK Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Doom is overpriced too but Doom I understand more with the detail of the throne and Doom doesn't look bad. I'm not into mixed media stuff too much. The most I would pay for Doom is probably $2000 and that's pushing it. I think Doom is currently at around $4000-4500 currently

yes that's what I sold mine for last year as well. Figured might as well let it go since he was just sitting in the box...
To be honest I got caught up in the hype and the "must have everything" ideal of this hobby, just so I could say I had it even though I couldn't care about the statue or the character. I've since realized that mentality was not healthy and it was burning me out of the hobby both mentally and financially....lol

Yeah I try not let people or the hype influence my decision making. It's not like the old days with Bowen where statues cost just $150-200 and even sideshow statues were that cheap with like $300 being high. Nowadays you have to be picky with what you buy due to price and space

People who have never seen and touched the original sideshow pieces will never be able to comprehend the difference in materials used and the quality. The OG Hulk style is honestly just preference. If you enjoy the monster look, you will love the original. The quality of sideshow OG pieces in terms of materials is night and day. All new pieces are hollow and cheap feeling. The paints are applied way thinner and the casting is just cheap. I think the artistic style has greatly improved with the 3D printed statues used today. If they made the OG hulk exactly the same today, the piece would cost $1,500 easily. The OG is a solid 50 pound statue. Touching the casting and feeling the quality paint used is amazing. The new pf is half the OG’s weight, which includes the base. The new statues today have way better bases, excluding OG Dooms’s amazing throne. Shipping these old heavy statues is another crazy expense that sideshow would never attempt again. When I see the price of the new thanos and see the horrible thin casting with broken legs, it just makes me wish for the better quality older pieces.

I agree with everything you said but hulk is not solid.

Yeah didn’t mean literally may bad. The casting is very thick and solid as in "hefty". It doesn’t have the hollow feel to it when touching and picking it up.

Yeah, but it was a charity auction so that definitely inflated the price on it. Still a lot of coin to drop on a statue.

A price point 10K or more on an original grey Hulk PF? I say not worth it.

Back