Orginal AvP:R Wolf Predator vs Cleaner Kit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zerogouki

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am finally getting around to opening the Hot Toys Wolf Predator, but I have a few questions....

I have both versions, the original release and the Sideshow exclusive Cleaner Kit version. I only want one, and will probably sell the other.

Basically, I would like to know the differences between the two (accessories, etc.) and which one is more valuable.

They are both in storage right now, so I can't check the boxes to see the differences.

I did a forum search, but didn't really find anything.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Wolf = 2 cannons, extended whip

Cleaner = 1 canon, cleaner kit, BD mask, base

that's all I can think of right now, I'm sure there's more....

Not sure how much Wolf is going for, but you're gonna lose alot trying to sell the Cleaner, he's just not in demand.

Wolf = 2 cannons, extended whip

Cleaner = 1 canon, cleaner kit, BD mask, base

that's all I can think of right now, I'm sure there's more....

Not sure how much Wolf is going for, but you're gonna lose alot trying to sell the Cleaner, he's just not in demand.

Also Cleaner has 1 "portable" cannon.
I prefer the original's look with dual cannons because I feel they were Wolf's main weapons.
But I think the original is more value - I've seen it on the bay ranging from $225 to $300.

Just build the Ultimate Wolf between the two and part out the rest, that’s what I did. Just my .02….

keep em both.. org. with Bio on and cleaner with open madibles.
now that's my.....

my2cents.jpg

REGULAR WOLF:

• Two Plasma Cannons (Mounted)
  • Whip (Poseable)
  • Rolled-up whip
  • Extendable spear
  • Shuriken
  • Closed Shurikens (Attached to Waist Armor)
  • Wrist blade with extendable blades
  • Wrist computer
  • Removable mask
  • Skull necklace
  • Neck wrap
  • Medical box
  • Bandolier
  • Display base featuring AVP:R logo and Predator nameplate

CLEANER KIT VERSION:

• 1 Plasma cannon
  • Rolled-up whip
  • Extendable spear
  • Wrist computer
  • Neck wrap
  • Medical kit
  • Bandolier
  • Skull necklace
  • Hand-held cannon*
  • Removable battle damaged Predator mask*
  • Corrosive liquid container*
  • Syringe*
  • Cleaner case*
  • Interchangeable open and closed mandibles*
  • Alien corpse display base*

EXCLUSIVE CLEANER KIT VERSION
  • 1 Plasma cannon
  • Rolled-up whip
  • Extendable spear
  • Wrist computer
  • Neck wrap
  • Medical kit
  • Bandolier
  • Skull necklace
  • Hand-held cannon*
  • Syringe*
  • Cleaner case*
  • Sideshow Exclusive: Alien Chestburster

So for your situation, the EX. Cleaner has:

• Hand-held cannon*
  • Syringe*
  • Cleaner case*
  • Sideshow Exclusive: Alien Chestburster

But it doesn't have the Open Shuriken, Poseable Whip or undamaged Bio which only comes with the Regular Version of Wolf. The Ex and Regular Cleaner Kit Wolf also doesn't have a second Plasma cannon attached to the armor. You get the Hand-held cannon instead. But the attachment IS on the armor.. so you CAN mod it if you want.

Other differences not mentioned: The Regular Wolf comes with netting that looks like a T-Shirt, with an elastic string (seperate). You attach the string between the legs from front to back to the netting to keep it from riding up on the stomach. The Cleaner Kit and Ex. comes with netting that has like underwear so you don't need to go through all that fuss.

Also I've heard from more than a few people that the paint work is better on the Cleaner + Ex. Wolf. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Hope all this helps you bro. :D

The cleaner has a better paint app on the headsculpt and some alien blood acid scarring. The extra cool cleaner kit, and the diorama base.

The original wolf has twin cannon, whip and shuriken.

I'd personally lean over to the cleaner kit, if you just wanna display it and not think bout the reselling value and all that. I had both, and has already assembled the v1 wolf. If I had both MIB, then I'd most definitely go for the cleaner kit ver.

It's pretty easy to add the second cannon to the exclusive, then all your missing is the bendable whip, open shuriken and the first bio, which isn't battle damaged. Sell the first version and use some of that money to buy the 3 missing weapons and bio, if you care about having the "clean" mask.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>keep em both.. org. with Bio on and cleaner with open madibles.
now that's my.....

my2cents.jpg

I'd also keep them both... if I could.

Just build the Ultimate Wolf between the two and part out the rest, that’s what I did. Just my .02….

:lecture or do like ripper_joe77 suggested, keep the Ex. Cleaner and sell the Regular. Use the money you get to buy the missing poseable whip, open shuriken and the undamaged Bio.

Thanks for the info, it's been a big help. I am leaning towards selling the original version and opening and displaying the cleaner kit version.

Thanks again.

thats really funny...... i smell new upcoming predator movie with this picture.

I just got my Cleaner Kit Pred, and I'm loving the hand-held plasma cannon (though I have to admit that the dual shoulder cannon is juat as, if not more so, amazing to look at). I currently display my cleaner Kit this way:

_DSC1731.jpg

Totally inaccurate pose, but it's got a Jason Bourne feel to it :)

_DSC1730.jpg

At a different angle with my prized Pred 1 :)

nice pose lol,,
For my cleaner pred i managed to get 2nd cleaner medi kit body Armour with the attached cannon,,,so i just moved over the one cannon ,so now my cleaner has his 2 cannons as well as the hand held one
102_1869.jpg

102_1874.jpg

Back