Order to watch the Star Wars Saga

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order would be 4,5,1,2,3,6. That way you get the surprise of Vader as Anakin in 5, then flashback to see his fall. By the time you get to Jedi, you're rooting for Luke to bring his father back. The ending for Jedi works best when you know Anakin's story IMO.

a few years ago someone was putting together a fan edit with the entire story being 4, 5, and 6 but with the prequels intercut AS flashbacks.
The idea was that they would trim the fat and leave the meat.. you still wouldn't get the full effect of Vader actually being Anakin until ROTJ.
They had youtube videos showing what they were doing and everything.. then Lucasfilm dropped a C&D on them and that (to my knowledge at least) was the last of that project.
I would like to see that edit sometime though. I think it would be amazing to see the two stories merged into one, keeping the classic tones of the OT while incorporating the best elements of the PT.

Then, if I ever wanted to watch the full original versions, I would still have my DVDs.

Back