<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Hot Toys Robocop Diecast - OMG Photo Review

I'll use it. I'll use it about as much as I'll use the articulation :dunno

But just because I won't be using the articulation very much doesn't mean I would prefer if this were a statue.

I feel ripped off and misled buying a $299 "diecast" figure that's 15% diecast, but given Sideshow's $30 NRD - canceling this figure isn't really an option (I'd lose less money receiving it and reselling it down the road). Figure still looks really darn great overall, and you know the battle-damaged murphy ain't going to ship for at least 12 months from when it's announced. I'd prefer to have this figure now and possibly replace it with the battle-damaged figure down the road if it feels like more bang-for-the-buck.

Surely your not disappointed on Robocop. Turned out freaking awsome!

Apparently I am. Visible proportion issue as well as lack of die cast parts. OMG's photos also show how limited the articulation is.

The colour is its only saving grace imo.

Apparently I am. Visible proportion issue as well as lack of die cast parts. OMG's photos also show how limited the articulation is.

The colour is its only saving grace imo.

Normally I'm a proportions-nazi, but I am not seeing the issues with proportions that a few people are mentioning with this figure, even in side-by-side comparisons. Honestly he looks like one of the best proportioned-figures Hot Toys has ever done in my opinion. Regarding articulation, Robocop is not a very articulated character, and I'm having a hard time imagining any Robocop poses that this figure isn't capable of based on the photos we've seen. It's not like Robocop does ground-punch poses.

Normally I'm a proportions-nazi, but I am not seeing the issues with proportions that a few people are mentioning with this figure, even in side-by-side comparisons. Honestly he looks like one of the best proportioned-figures Hot Toys has ever done in my opinion. Regarding articulation, Robocop is not a very articulated character, and I'm having a hard time imagining any Robocop poses that this figure isn't capable of based on the photos we've seen. It's not like Robocop does ground-punch poses.

x2
if your disappointed with this robo, im not sure what you were expecting
the only real change from the demo pics is the lack of a blue tint

Hey, THIS guy can do it! :wink1:
iron-man-ground-punch.jpg

In regards to the diecast pricing debate, I just came across this guy's rant, and man, he gets it. He can't afford a tripod, evidently, and might even be a bit drunk, but he gets it. Should be required viewing before being able to start an account here. :D

In regards to the diecast pricing debate, I just came across this guy's rant, and man, he gets it. He can't afford a tripod, evidently, and might even be a bit drunk, but he gets it. Should be required viewing before being able to start an account here. :D
"Just don't buy it" isn't really relevant advice when a product is advertised as "die-cast" upfront, sideshow takes $30 non-refundable from me, and then the figure ships 16 months later and turns out to be 85% plastic. If I'd known 16 months ago that this $300 die-cast figure was only 15% diecast then yeah, I would have been able to make an informed decision that $300 was an outrageous asking price.

While I agree on what the guy said in the video (isn't he the guy with the same handlename on here? He's alright, but he can sometimes sound too condescending re: Statues vs Figures), I fully agree with Spanbauer. I wished this was lower than$300 but I caved in since 1. it's Robo and 2. maybe HT would do great with die-cast. However it seems that HT pulled out a fast one on us here.

Going back to the vid's message, Robo is actually one of my last POs made. When I first saw the protos of Falcon from The Winter Soldier I thought "oh boy I gott have this". When price came out, I stayed away from its thread, didn't PO and kept quiet. Same thing with GotG. As a fan of the characters and the movie, I said I'll get the whole team. Out they came for PO, and I only ordered Rocket and Groot.

Yes prices are rising and I think no complaining can change that. I can only go out or slow down. I have a mortgage to prioritize.

Spanbauer, not sure if it's an option for you, but if you haven't cancelled a pre-order before, Sideshow will let you transfer it to another item or refund it one time, so long as you call them (don't cancel it online and then call).

Definitely agree about the prioritization, Heubert. I think I'm not really sweating Robo too much since I'm done with the franchise once the battle-damaged version is released. Really by this time next year, I'll have gotten almost everything I could possibly want from the franchises I'm interested in (save the odd thing here or there from OT Star Wars and Marvel) and will be more or less done with collecting, anyway. So in that respect, I'm OK with the pricing. I won't be spending money on this stuff at the same rate years and years from now.

Nice review, Clipper. This is the first video where the Weller likeness really struck me (default/neutral expression). Seeing it on the turntable, the likeness seems dead on to my eyes.

Definitely agree about the prioritization, Heubert. I think I'm not really sweating Robo too much since I'm done with the franchise once the battle-damaged version is released. Really by this time next year, I'll have gotten almost everything I could possibly want from the franchises I'm interested in (save the odd thing here or there from OT Star Wars and Marvel) and will be more or less done with collecting, anyway. So in that respect, I'm OK with the pricing. I won't be spending money on this stuff at the same rate years and years from now.
im at the same spot in my collecting. Other than this Robo and BD robo, Im done! bittersweet as its always fun unboxing a new fig, but its also expensive!

After,

- Police Shootout T-800
- Robocop
- Battle Damaged Murphy

- Stealth Suit Captain America

- Batman Returns Batman
- Catwoman
- Penguin

- 1/6 Endo
- Robo Cain
- Kyle Reese

- Marty McFly
- Doc
- Ripley

I'll be done.

After,

- Police Shootout T-800
- Robocop
- Battle Damaged Murphy

- Batman Returns Batman
- Catwoman
- Penguin

- 1/6 Endo
- Robo Cain
- Kyle Reese

- Marty McFly
- Doc
- Ripley

I'll be done.

Everyone on these boards always says that but then they see another figure they just have to get...

After,

- Police Shootout T-800
- Robocop
- Battle Damaged Murphy

- Batman Returns Batman
- Catwoman
- Penguin

- 1/6 Endo
- Robo Cain
- Kyle Reese

- Marty McFly
- Doc
- Ripley

I'll be done.

You forgot RoboCop with the chair:lecture

Something tells me that when he was a boy, DiFabio was pinned beneath an overturned Barcalounger. Thirsty and hungry, slipping into and out of consciousness, teetering between life and death for several days, the experience has proven indelible, contributing to his intense hatred of any and all chairs. :)

I just heard from OMG, he describes the figure in natural light as silver with very, very light blue and a little bit of green.

Back