<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> DX14 THE JOKER - MIME VERSION - OMG Photo Review <>

I really hope it's the one stick. I can't stand the independent eye movement on the QS001.

I wish they would adopt the double joystick for all their DX releases. Much better system. I don't think there is anything to worry about though. I have a feeling that will be left to the QS stuff.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Wow. The way this turned out makes me confident that we've seen the end of the soft sculpt result on figures like the DX10. This one looks like there has been no loss of quality from proto to production whatsoever.

The sculpt came out great and is a superior likeness compared to the DX08. It makes me want to consider selling my DX08 again in hopes that a new and improved Jack will come out with all the fixin's we've been clamouring over.

In spite of the beautiful sculpting, this release is just too weak for me to consider. There's just not much to it and it's too scene specific for me.

What I look forward to seeing the most is someone repainting the sculpt to go with the regular version. It's just a matter of time before someone does that.

I suppose they could of done another sculpt with him smiling as he waves good bye from inside the limo to Bruce Wayne. However, I don't think it is necessary.

Yeah its not a necessary I just expect DX's to have more and more for the price. The first 89 Joker has a abundance of extras, guess we were spoiled a bit. Either way this is a really neat piece.

Wow. The way this turned out makes me confident that we've seen the end of the soft sculpt result on figures like the DX10. This one looks like there has been no loss of quality from proto to production whatsoever.

The sculpt came out great and is a superior likeness compared to the DX08. It makes me want to consider selling my DX08 again in hopes that a new and improved Jack will come out with all the fixin's we've been clamouring over.

In spite of the beautiful sculpting, this release is just too weak for me to consider. There's just not much to it and it's too scene specific for me.

What I look forward to seeing the most is someone repainting the sculpt to go with the regular version. It's just a matter of time before someone does that.

Yeah I can't wait to get this.. But in the end I may pick up an additional head sculpt and have someone paint it like normal Joker.. IMO DX08 Joker should of came with two head sculpts being an DX and all...

:panic:This figure its S__t Milk by Hot toys:panic:

z4ql.jpg

Wow! Looks amazing. I can't wait.

OMG, you know that's a poison tipped pen you have him sucking on, right?

Really looks great! Nice surprise seeing him so early too. My wife is giving me him for my bday so I'll have to wait til early December to have him. But it beats it being delayed!

He really looks great. Might want to consider picking one up.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk 2

He looks amazing. Very tempted to go completist on Burton Batman :slap

I'll see if I can hold out a bit longer.

By the way, what is it about Joker that HT never gives him a ball-joint head? Neither the Ledger or Jack versions get them. And considering that some people seem to think they're so important why don't I see people complaining about this and saying that its a statue?

It's funny you mentioned this. I was just thinking while looking through these pics how awful he would look as a no neck sculpt. :lol

It's funny you mentioned this. I was just thinking while looking through these pics how awful he would look as a no neck sculpt. :lol

Yeah it would. But so do a lot of figures that do get them and when I complain about it people tell me to 'go buy a statue'.

So where's all the people dismissing this and the other Joker figures as statues? I mean you can't tilt this guy's head like a puppy dog. How crap!

While I may not be as opposed to no neck sculpts as badly as you are I think you have a very valid complaint. And the 'statue' statements are unwarranted and reaching. I understand the need for no neck sculpts with figures with a low shirt line like Indy. He needed it, but he has the most atrocious profile I've seen on any figure. So that's the down side. A lot of people like using muscle bodies for various un-shirted figures/bashes so I think that's the logic going in and I get that. But for official releases of a character that is clearly clothed and doesn't have a low neck line than I think a sculpted neck is in order. I mean how often are we craning Arnies head to the sky?

While I may not be as opposed to no neck sculpts as badly as you are I think you have a very valid complaint. And the 'statue' statements are unwarranted and reaching. I understand the need for no neck sculpts with figures with a low shirt line like Indy. He needed it, but he has the most atrocious profile I've seen on any figure. So that's the down side. A lot of people like using muscle bodies for various un-shirted figures/bashes so I think that's the logic going in and I get that. But for official releases of a character that is clearly clothed and doesn't have a low neck line than I think a sculpted neck is in order. I mean how often are we craning Arnies head to the sky?

I may be the only person who would have need to do that with my Pescadero elevator diorama and yet I seem to be one of very few who does not want a ball-joint head. For me that joint system on Arnold figures, DX10 in particular, has hampered them and brought them well short of their full potential as far as achieving his likeness. Y'know, Jack here has his extra chins that a ball-joint would have interfered with. But Arnold has his power-jaw. You **** with that and its just not gonna be as good as it otherwise could be. And don't get me started on the neck.

Its like they were sculpting the Minoton FFS.

But anyway, back to Joker here. Seriously very tempted.

You still have the DX08 , right? Weren't you tempted to sell at one point?

Anyway, I think this guy will be a wonderful compliment to the previous Jack Joker.

You still have the DX08 , right? Weren't you tempted to sell at one point?

Anyway, I think this guy will be a wonderful compliment to the previous Jack Joker.

Yeah I was. However I was under more pressure with money then than I am now. Even then I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I see you're saying bye-bye to the DX01 and some Preds. Sticking strictly to Terminator as far as high end goes?

I see you're saying bye-bye to the DX01 and some Preds. Sticking strictly to Terminator as far as high end goes?

I'm saying bye to all Predators and Nolan Batman stuff. With the former I'm happy enough with NECA's more accurate (albeit low end) offerings and with the latter I've just kinda fallen out of love with it since TDKR.

So Terminator, Robocop, Burton Batman, some other superheroes I liked as a child (which might include incarnations from recent films like Hulk from The Avengers, Wolverine from The Wolverine).

How 'bout you? You keeping it more mixed?

Back