<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> DX14 THE JOKER - MIME VERSION - OMG Photo Review <>

The Bank Robber gets away with lovely poses and articulation with a sculpted neck. Hmm...

Yeah. I don't even get it, this complaint about unnatural movement. Yes I know a real human head pivots at the base of the skull not all the way down at the base of the neck but you can easily avoid/hide the unnatural movement with shirt/jacket collars etc. It doesn't look all that noticeable in most cases. But with these decapitated heads you're forced to put up with the separation permanently, no matter what pose you have the figure in. Sometimes it intrudes on the actor likeness too, which I feel it does on Arnie. And there's the issue that different people are sculpting the heads and the bodies and not really collaborating enough so that the end result flows well.

At least it doesn't have ridiculously large eyes like DX TDK line. I feel Hot Toys makes a mockery of the TDK line, they try to make the figures look as stupid as possible with PERS and comic book faceplates for Bale as Batman. The only realistic TDK figure with great likeness to is the 1/4 scale Batman. Bank Robber Joker is quite realistic but only looks like Ledger on certain angles.

Well, DX10's PERS is heavily criticised.

Anyway, the whole reason I brought this up (again) was seeing this DX14 Joker and wondering why they (rightly) decided not to give it a ball-joint head. What was part of their decision-making there and why don't they apply that to other characters.

Joker isn't a muscle guy, that's probably why.

I still think it's obnoxious how they refuse to give him a bone white colored True Type body and insist on doing that stupid wrist glove thing with the body suit. It makes swapping out hands a nightmare when those sock things don't stay in place over the hand peg.

Well, DX10's PERS is heavily criticised.

I know but it is a DX and most DXs look unrealistic due to PERS, but I have to admit this takes the cake as this is the fakest looking eyes I have ever seen.

Nevertheless, you display him with glasses and he no longer looks stupid.

Anyway, the whole reason I brought this up (again) was seeing this DX14 Joker and wondering why they (rightly) decided not to give it a ball-joint head. What was part of their decision-making there and why don't they apply that to other characters.

Yeah I agree it's weird, I don't know how they decide what figure should have a sculpted neck and what ones shouldn't.

I still think it's obnoxious how they refuse to give him a bone white colored True Type body and insist on doing that stupid wrist glove thing with the body suit. It makes swapping out hands a nightmare when those sock things don't stay in place over the hand peg.

I wish they'd create a new option. Don't just go ''oh here's police shootout T-800 and he's a muscle-guy, we'll do what we did before and not even consider anything else even for a second''

I'd love to see an Arnold muscle body with no neck. Then we could maybe get custom sculpts with sculpted neck specific to Arnie. As it stands all custom sculpts are being made to fit that ridiculous DX10 neck.

I still think it's obnoxious how they refuse to give him a bone white colored True Type body and insist on doing that stupid wrist glove thing with the body suit.

OMG did they do that again for this figure? ? :cuckoo:

I didn't even notice, probably because I am not going to buy the figure but like what the sculpt looks like.

It makes swapping out hands a nightmare when those sock things don't stay in place over the hand peg.

:exactly:

It's the reason I have never swapped hand on my DX08.:thud:

Last edited:

Yeah the eyes look ridiculous close up but from a distance it is ok to display him without the shades for that Cyberdyne look.

Anyway, I hope I won't ultimately regret this but I just ordered this figure from Timcent. :monkey3

I guess I'm going completist on Burton Batman afterall.

That's going to draw out my DX13-building a bit more but what the hell. Burton Batman stuff is going to come out at a trickle from HT, it should be manageable.

Anyway, I hope I won't ultimately regret this but I just ordered this figure from Timcent. :monkey3

That's going to draw out my DX13-building a bit more but what the hell. Burton Batman stuff is going to come out at a trickle from HT, it should be manageable.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnQ_mp9TzZY[/ame]

I'm sure you will love him a-dev. Also I like the way you did not fart about and just ordered him. :yess:

I don't think I ever realised how much he said 'good'. Funny coming from him actually. :lol

Likewise!

*Cue Batman Returns prototypes suddenly showing up.* :monkey3

How long will this figure last? I haven't ordered it yet as it appears another slew of figures is about to be released.

I was wondering that aswell but decided to order just in case he becomes a Hawkeye. What else have you got coming?

*Cue Batman Returns prototypes suddenly showing up.* :monkey3

Yeah but we'd only be at the preorder point so I wouldn't be too worried.

Hot Toys is really good at sculpting Jack. Both Jokers look amazing.

I was wondering that aswell but decided to order just in case he becomes a Hawkeye. What else have you got coming?

Two DX13's and a few Iron Men.

Back