Oluf Hartvigson ebay store...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Migwit said:
Um, are those HUMAN Spike figures?

See, that's what I thought, too, litterally only my all caps word was the second one: Um, ARE those human Spike figures? 'Cause usually when you see them on eBay they leave no doubt that they are human Spike and this ad left plenty. So back when there was 11 of them I sent off an e-mail asking and by the time I got the reply... well... no human Spike for me... :monkey4

Is the Human Spike that rare and expensive? I didn't know that and only bought the Buffy figure... well well :eek:

Actually, pjam probably hit the nail on the head. This likeness of Spike is, quite frankly, unsurpassed.

Gdb, I, too, hesitated for a second, but I knew the box was absolutely the Human Spike box, so hopped on board before all hell broke loose! I know there were only 11 figures, but by my estimation, these sold out in about 47 seconds! :google :rotfl

Migwit said:
Actually, pjam probably hit the nail on the head. This likeness of Spike is, quite frankly, unsurpassed.

Gdb, I, too, hesitated for a second, but I knew the box was absolutely the Human Spike box, so hopped on board before all hell broke loose! I know there were only 11 figures, but by my estimation, these sold out in about 47 seconds! :google :rotfl

I didn't know about the box, I thought the Vamp Spike had the same packaging... :( I think back on it and I made the right play, being not sure and the price not matching up with eBay established value and having come across so many misleading auctions conscerning this piece that looked almost identical to product description and photos... it just didn't unfold in my favor. I just wish Oluf was as talented at writing eBay descriptions as he is in sculpting.

Sadly I've always been a big Spike fan (almost to the exclusion of other Buffy characters) and would have snatched one up when they came out but after the long silence after the Hush figures I turned a blind eye to Sideshow's line and missed his release.

One of these days I'll get one loose for reasonable prices. One of these days...

Gee... with all of this Spike talk I thought I was in Whedonville.:monkey3

Like everybody else (excep for the lucky 11) I too missed out on the Spike... and I've been "actively" shopping for one for the past six months or so. But I am thinking about that Angel though... a decent price for the piece. :rolleyes:

Wor-Gar said:
So what IS a good price for this HUMAN SPIKE? Exclusive and Reg?

Seems to be quite a bit of thread crossover tonight and I might add since we're in Whedonville in Star Wars it was Joss Whedon who ruined the Aliens franchise for years -- there, I said it and we crossed over again!

Although I hear Ridley Scott IS interested in taking another shot, there has been talk but nothing has materialized. The scuttlebutt is he wants to do an "Alien Planet" where a team of heroes wipes out the pesky bugs for good.

Now back to Spike in Star Wars. Human Spike, believe it or not, sold for over $600 multiple times on eBay around Christmas time. This figure has ranged wildly in price, some sold for under $100 one week and $250 the next week. Most recently Human Spike had dropped to under $150 about a month ago and now has risen again. It's just plain craaaazy, man.

Best bet, search ebay for Sideshow Spike (not SS Human Spike) and you can probably win one for under $120.

The Human Spike Exclusive with 2 sets of hands (one has black fingernail polish) is extremely rare now, Ltd 500 and would probably sell for $350-$400 Mint in Sealed Box.

Last edited:
A weird crossover indeed -- as we were just talking in the ALIEN thread...and Joss Whedon is here! Strange.

OK, thanks for the scoop. I saw one on eBay for $37.99 and wondered, but it was the wrong Spike. Anyway, I liked "Buffy" alot but I'm not collecting those figures...

That's why I'm here in the SW area :rolleyes:

I'm always curious about high-priced figures though. A sick fascination.

ok and crossiing over to Aliens...Joss didnt ruin Aliens franchise! Even he admits how bad it was! Apparently the enitre script he wrote was changed, for example he never had a big albino alien with a huge tongue in his script. He had the ending set on earth too as the final fight, but the studios tampered with it and screwed it up.

there!:cool:

Im so grateful I myself one of the last decent priced Spikes around! I think ill have to keep it due to its fantastic portrait and collectible value!

Back