Old School Halcyon Space Jockey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSurfer

Good Enough Never Is!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd share this. This is an early 90's vinyl model kit of the Space Jocker from Alien. Prefused commissioned me to paint it. He also wanted the added touch of desicated flesh peeling off of the Jockey's surface like in the movie. I wasn't sure it could be done in such a small scale, but I did it anyway. Like in the movie, it's hard to see, but you can catch it in some of the closer shots. It's the white, webby looking stuff in some areas.

I reposed all three astronauts who were originally sculpted in static standing position. I also opened up and sculpted a hole for Kane to be looking into.

HPIM6224.jpg

HPIM6206.jpg

HPIM6207.jpg

HPIM6208.jpg

HPIM6209.jpg

HPIM6210.jpg

HPIM6211.jpg

HPIM6212.jpg

HPIM6215.jpg

HPIM6216.jpg

I thought somebody would ask about the skin. I used liquid latex mold building compound, thinned it with water and used a worn out brush to dab it where I wanted it. When it was dry and shiny, I picked at it with the sharp point of one of my sculpting tools to create tiny rips and allow it to bunch up.

On a much larger scale, this would have been the exact technique used on the real Jockey.

I thought somebody would ask about the skin. I used liquid latex mold building compound, thinned it with water and used a worn out brush to dab it where I wanted it. When it was dry and shiny, I picked at it with the sharp point of one of my sculpting tools to create tiny rips and allow it to bunch up.

On a much larger scale, this would have been the exact technique used on the real Jockey.

Thanks Surfer! I'm looking to repaint my Palisades Jockey eventually and this info will come in handy!

this is officially my favorite thing. thanks for posting the pics dude.

Thanks Surfer! I'm looking to repaint my Palisades Jockey eventually and this info will come in handy!

That would look awesome on that bigger Palisades piece. Post pics when you do it.

this is officially my favorite thing. thanks for posting the pics dude.

You're welcome. I'm just glad I could get that special request added to it for you. Turned out to be a sinch and the funnest part of the whole thing.

Stunning, and amazing in such a small scale! Looks tons better than my AP Palisades. Want to repaint that for me?

Back