Official SS Predator Maquette thread/roll call

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have been added my friend. As for the original maquette thread, I couldn't find one either, that's why I went ahead and started this thread.

I experience a horrifying moment today. One of the dreads on the masked head of my maquette broke. I had a professional fix the unmasked head that arrived broken when I first bought it, so this was my first time displaying it with the unmasked head on the body and the masked head on the pedestal. I was going to put the masked head on the little display pedestal and the front dreadlock on the right side of the head broke against the pedestal.

I investigated it a little further and the problem was that the dread was glued at a weird angle that didn't match the angles of the pedestal. I removed the dreadlock and reglued it at the proper angle as well as fixed the slight hairline fracture to the dread. It looks as good as new now, but I'm never going to sell this.

Thank you very much again guys and Furious1 thanks the answer! :rock

Boba Ben I am sorry to hear that. IMO just don't stress about it. If you can't tell if there was a breakage and if you cannot see the problematic area than you should be fine! Are you sure you wanna sell this baby? It is very rare, so if you can't tell by looking at if there was a damage than I am sure you can sell it. Maybe you can't get too much money for it, but the price still can be decent.

Freaks I have a question. Between my predator maquette's right leg and body, there is a little space. It looks like the leg doesn't attached perfectly to the body. It is not serious at all but I would like to know if is there somebody who has the same or similar problem? I heard it is a common issue at these maquettes. Oh and what kind of quality issues did you experienced at this piece? Here is a picture. You can barely tell from it, but it is there.

IMG_8614.jpg

Boba Ben I am sorry to hear that. IMO just don't stress about it. If you can't tell if there was a breakage and if you cannot see the problematic area than you should be fine! Are you sure you wanna sell this baby? It is very rare, so if you can't tell by looking at if there was a damage than I am sure you can sell it. Maybe you can't get too much money for it, but the price still can be decent.

Oh, I'm never going to sell it. I'll be keeping it until I die or the world ends and I have to become a nomadic scavenger.

Yes, these had some slight fitment issues, and many have a tendency to lean to the left.

i didnt notice any fitment issues on mine, but do you mean leaning to your left when facing it? i think they are all like that..............

having trouble with mine.. head doesnt seem to fit/slot in fully.

anyone experienced this problem as well?

im opening one on christmas, will have pics, a video, and a # soon

i didnt notice any fitment issues on mine, but do you mean leaning to your left when facing it? i think they are all like that..............

Yes, they all are that way, but I think mine leans a bit more than it should.

having trouble with mine.. head doesnt seem to fit/slot in fully.

anyone experienced this problem as well?

I have to give mine a bit of an extra push when putting the head on, but it fits pretty well.

Back