Official Sideshow Storm Shadow Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pics of my latest and probably last mods to SS. I finally got hold of some hands that completed the poses I needed and I've had him waiting on this body swap for some months now.

SSarmup.jpg

Hey man, I'm tracking you down in this thread now! :lol

ANYWAYS, I just got my SS out and geared up this last weekend. My Sideshow body is absolute sh** and can't hold a pose much beyond just standing.

So you used a Comedian body here right? Was the conversion difficult at all? I'm not 100% sure I'm going to take the sleeves off mine so will this body have any problem fitting in the sleeves?

Lastly, is there a body that is very similar to the Comedian that might be cheaper that you know of?

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Hey man, I'm tracking you down in this thread now! :lol

ANYWAYS, I just got my SS out and geared up this last weekend. My Sideshow body is absolute sh** and can't hold a pose much beyond just standing.

So you used a Comedian body here right? Was the conversion difficult at all? I'm not 100% sure I'm going to take the sleeves off mine so will this body have any problem fitting in the sleeves?

Lastly, is there a body that is very similar to the Comedian that might be cheaper that you know of?

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Wolverine body but I don't think it's cheaper, you can go with a Saturday Toys body and that might be cheaper but it's not as bulking as these two. (Comedian & Wolverine)

Wolverine body but I don't think it's cheaper, you can go with a Saturday Toys body and that might be cheaper but it's not as bulking as these two. (Comedian & Wolverine)

Well Ski what do you think about the new TTM-16? If I'm not going to lose the sleeves then bulkiness wise is this one sufficient? It has to be near the same if not more than a little bigger then what they gave us right?

I mean if that's the one I'm going to use to bulk up SE's then it should work here don't you think? Plus I can get it new instead of paying some of those prices on Ebay.

What do you think man?

Btw, Gates or Arthur Bryants? :lol

Well Ski what do you think about the new TTM-16? If I'm not going to lose the sleeves then bulkiness wise is this one sufficient? It has to be near the same if not more than a little bigger then what they gave us right?

I mean if that's the one I'm going to use to bulk up SE's then it should work here don't you think? Plus I can get it new instead of paying some of those prices on Ebay.l

Skin tone doesn't really match any of them.

I mean if that's the one I'm going to use to bulk up SE's then it should work here don't you think? Plus I can get it new instead of paying some of those prices on Ebay.

What do you think man?

Btw, Gates or Arthur Bryants? :lol

I have him on a Billy body right now, although he is sleeveless so I can see your point in going the TTM-16 route. I think it would work and look decent on there with sleeves. I'll be getting a comedian body soon to swap him off the Billy body just because I like the bulk in the arms a bit more along with some articulation.

Nam is right about the tones not matching but for me on the Billy body it was close enough to where it doesn't bother me.

Dominos...

Comedian body has a good tone, not perfect but a nice match. If you want the muscular bare arms then that's the way to go. I previously used the Rocky III body and it was a perfect match, but the articulation sucked.

Thanks to all for the input!

Yeah but I don't think I have to worry about it because you won't see it.

I have him on a Billy body right now, although he is sleeveless so I can see your point in going the TTM-16 route. I think it would work and look decent on there with sleeves. I'll be getting a comedian body soon to swap him off the Billy body just because I like the bulk in the arms a bit more along with some articulation.

Nam is right about the tones not matching but for me on the Billy body it was close enough to where it doesn't bother me.

Dominos...

I wondered what he would be like on the Billy body as well. I've seen some pics of him and a SE's on that body but anything I've seen/read people have complained about the articulation which I want a lot of for SS.

Nice on the Dominos....:sick

Comedian body has a good tone, not perfect but a nice match. If you want the muscular bare arms then that's the way to go. I previously used the Rocky III body and it was a perfect match, but the articulation sucked.

Yeah it looks nice from the pics.

What I'm trying to keep in mind a little is I've always considered SE's and SS about the same build overall. This initially started because I wanted to upgrade the skinny SE's but now that the Sideshow body is so loose I kind of have to on the SS as well. I want them to look similar in build because for right now I plan on posing them together.

This is the 2nd Sideshow figure I've owned and I can't say I'm impressed with their figure bodies whatsoever. I feel like I just bought my Xbox 360 for the first time again. :lol. Paid all this money for something that's already kind of broken.

What I'm trying to keep in mind a little is I've always considered SE's and SS about the same build overall. This initially started because I wanted to upgrade the skinny SE's but now that the Sideshow body is so loose I kind of have to on the SS as well. I want them to look similar in build because for right now I plan on posing them together.

This is the 2nd Sideshow figure I've owned and I can't say I'm impressed with their figure bodies whatsoever. I feel like I just bought my Xbox 360 for the first time again. :lol. Paid all this money for something that's already kind of broken.

The loose Pro bodies are what got my started swapping to TrueTypes. My customization has blown into me customizing my Joes into my vision of how they should look. If your going for the covered shirt look on SS, I'd recommend the Wesker/Blade body or wait for the new TT with the muscle thigh attachments.

The loose Pro bodies are what got my started swapping to TrueTypes. My customization has blown into me customizing my Joes into my vision of how they should look. If your going for the covered shirt look on SS, I'd recommend the Wesker/Blade body or wait for the new TT with the muscle thigh attachments.

:lecture

Only go with the Comedian body if you are going with the uncovered sleeves. Imo, the SS (and SE) head looks small on the Comedian neck. I have my SE on the Comedian, but I had to modify the neck a little and I messed up the neck on the one on SS (dont ask), I had to swap the arms with a regular TT so I can at least have the arms of the Comedian body.
The Leonidas hands work well with the Comedian body. They look even better when you remove the dark reddish coloring. They match the Comedian body perfectly. Well, if you remove the coloring on the arms of Comedian body that is.

Last edited:
The Leonidas hands work well with the Comedian body. They look even better when you remove the dark reddish coloring. They match the Comedian body perfectly. Well, if you remove the coloring on the arms of Comedian body that is.

Did you take acetone to both to make this discovery?

So what you're saying is buying Sideshow Joes can be the gateway drug to customizing? Great. :slap :lol

Might be a stupid question but what does it involve to get the sleeves off of SS? Just cut the undershirt sleeves off or roll them up or something?

Lastly, I got into my SE's last night and his body is decent for tightness. First one, and still not up to snuff IMO. However, I was thinking maybe I could swap that body onto SS. Do you know if that body black overall? If so, do you think it will look weird under the sleeves and such?

:lecture

Only go with the Comedian body if you are going with the uncovered sleeves. Imo, the SS (and SE) head looks small on the Comedian neck. I have my SE on the Comedian, but I had to modify the neck a little and I messed up the neck on the one on SS (dont ask), I had to swap the arms with a regular TT so I can at least have the arms of the Comedian body.

Thanks man, really appreciate all the help and input!

So what you're saying is buying Sideshow Joes can be the gateway drug to customizing? Great. :slap :lol

Might be a stupid question but what does it involve to get the sleeves off of SS? Just cut the undershirt sleeves off or roll them up or something?

Lastly, I got into my SE's last night and his body is decent for tightness. First one, and still not up to snuff IMO. However, I was thinking maybe I could swap that body onto SS. Do you know if that body black overall? If so, do you think it will look weird under the sleeves and such?

Not at all. Most everybody you're chatting with here has a flesh-toned body underneath Snake Eyes' shirt. ;)

All of us have customized our Joes in one way or another, particularly SE. I used a seam ripper and carefully removed the sleeves off of SS's shirt.

All of us have customized our Joes in one way or another, particularly SE. I used a seam ripper and carefully removed the sleeves off of SS's shirt.

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

Right now I just kind of 1/2 @$$ed putting my Joes out because of the fact that I'm waiting on the HT bodies to be released. Couldn't just let them sit in their boxes on a shelf! :)

eSmack and pay the piper like most of us is your only solution.

I know everyone wants to go the cheap route but sometimes there's no other way. :hi5:

Though I understand that the newer HT muscle arms look more like the card art and still allow for articulation, it still makes SS too bulky for my tastes. Personally, the sleeves never bothered me too much, anyway.

I took more issue with the forearm and shin straps, which I replaced. Like Samuel says, these figures are made to be modified to your satisfaction.

Though I understand that the newer HT muscle arms look more like the card art and still allow for articulation, it still makes SS too bulky for my tastes. Personally, the sleeves never bothered me too much, anyway.

I took more issue with the forearm and shin straps, which I replaced. Like Samuel says, these figures are made to be modified to your satisfaction.

ALGetsBig_cropped1.jpg

Back