Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ____ing hate the Joker sculpt. He looks like a meth-head. Batman and Catwoman look good, but I have my Bat fix from Hot Toys.

I'll probably only end up getting Harley, even though her expression looks a little weird for me. The rest are passes since I already own the definitive film versions.

Comic figures I would buy? Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, The Flash, classic Aquaman, Bane and Valley Batman would be instant purchases.

I agree. They seem to have done a spectacular job hiding those joints! Just look at the knees and leg muscles--fully sculpted! Very impressive.

Exactly! One major issue I have with HT is besides Bruce Lee and Perseus the legs have no muscle definition. It seems odd to have these incredible sculpted upper bodies for Wolverine and T800 and the lower bodies are just plain legs. Even the sometimes maligned Medicom RAH have muscles on their lower legs. Looks like SSC knows what they're doing.

You look at the figures that HT makes that are in body suits like Reeve Superman and the Spider-Man figures and it really sticks out to me that the legs aren't sculpted. Like having an awesome Halloween mask and a really cheesy costume. Thank you, Sideshow, for stepping up to the plate and hitting a home run.

I ____ing hate the Joker sculpt. He looks like a meth-head. Batman and Catwoman look good, but I have my Bat fix from Hot Toys.

I'll probably only end up getting Harley, even though her expression looks a little weird for me. The rest are passes since I already own the definitive film versions.

Comic figures I would buy? Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, The Flash, classic Aquaman, Bane and Valley Batman would be instant purchases.

Yeah but this Superman looks like he can kick the HT Supermen's butts in a fight.:)

Looks pretty damn close to Brian Bolland version to me, which IMO is THE definitive comic book Joker.

IMG_0435.jpg

joker.jpg

320.jpg

Looks pretty damn close to Brian Bolland version to me, which IMO is THE definitive comic book Joker.

IMG_0435.jpg

joker.jpg

320.jpg

I get what they are going for, and I can see the Bolland influence, I just don't think it's the best for a 3D translation. Something along the lines of the early Bob Kane artwork meets Neal Adams would look better to me.

Paint jobs on these look stellar. Can they replicate them for the final production figures?

I'd probably pick 'me all up except Harley if the price was right.

TBD, as in "To be Determined." We should find out soon, though, as I think Batman will be up for PO in the next few months.

If these are $130 or so I might have to get them all eventually. I wasn't sold on Catwoman but that HS is just sexy. And that Batman looks amazing, almost like it as much as the DX12. Never thought I'd get a Supes at this price point either but that looks pretty great and once they release WW the trinity would be too freakin cool.

Other figures I'd want in this line: Deathstroke, Deadshot, Green Arrow, Catman, Bane, Darksied

I'd gladly display them in place of their Hot Toys counterparts.

Definitely getting Batman and Superman. I can't get a Justice League in 1:4 scale, so I'll get one this way. May need to get Joker too so I can have a Legion of Doom.

I'd gladly display them in place of their Hot Toys counterparts.

Definitely getting Batman and Superman. I can't get a Justice League in 1:4 scale, so I'll get one this way. May need to get Joker too so I can have a Legion of Doom.

Do you think SS will make all them???

Back