Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck ever getting him back in the box properly. I was lucky enough to sell mine to a board member who lived a couple hours away from me. We met up for lunch and a movie one time and I brought Salacious in the car to exchange.

What's the mentioned "frosted eye" problem?

I remember reading about this a couple years ago. I found this picture on Google (from somewhere in this thread). I don't know how common this was, but you wouldn't want to buy a sealed Crumb to be safe.

Crumbsmall.jpg

Wow!

To be honest I wouldn't buy any high end expensive item that is long sold out, that is still sealed in box unless seller opens up and takes photos.

About a year ago I found one on eBay at a decent price and was considering it since there were no bidders. The listing stated it was MIB and sealed though so I messaged the seller to ask if he inspected it at all. He said he hadn't but would at my request. So I requested he look and before the end of that day the listing was removed 2 days early. Quite possibly another case of the dreaded frosted eyes.

How could this pass QC (yeah, I know, SSC ^^)? Or is this sth. which occurs over time, because of some material flaws?

I've had the same thing happen to me when I was painting miniatures. I sprayed them with gloss coat on a rainy day and they got all cloudy. I'm not sure if the rain was the cause or maybe just a bad can of spray. My hunch is they sprayed them under bad conditions and didn't wait very long afterward to package them up, so they didn't see the problem.

Hey guys I just got my Crumb yesterday from an ebay seller. Its awesome.. but the hair seems a little matted, anyone have a good trick to liven it up a bit so it looks like the pictures on sideshow.com?

I’ve contemplated selling mine at the cost he runs now, but every time I take a look at him in the case it’s just too nice to part with.

I got mine years ago when it was on preorder and for a 1:1 it was an absolute steal back in the day.

I primarily collect ROTJ and is a big centerpiece to everything else. They absolutely nailed it having the original sculptor on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much was this piece when it was new? I think it's a great piece I'm just curious, considering how much SS is charging for everything now.

How much was this piece when it was new? I think it's a great piece I'm just curious, considering how much SS is charging for everything now.

Believe it or not, he was only $349.99. Crazy to think PFs are way more than that now. I used to own this, but sold him to a fellow Okie Freak. At least I can go visit him if I want. :lol

Back