Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
987B5056-0EAD-448B-BD20-E7CD06703869.jpeg
C3081FC2-E5EC-45BA-9982-F6B29B523FC9.jpeg
25F22A7A-6F36-4628-8A4F-EA8D16671468.jpeg
EC67C06E-EE65-4A96-BFC6-31C27E224432.jpeg

Looks decent enough, but kinda odd there isn't a full body picture. Makes me wonder if this really will be using a first year body, which would be quite confusing. Seeing how the pricing is noticeably lower than the "teenage" versions of the other characters, I fear that may be the case.

EDIT: Just checked the descriptions for both Luna and Ginny on Ekia Hobbies, both say they're about 26 cm tall, which would put them at the same exact height as first year Hermione. Now this could work for Ginny (though that sculpt looks straight out of Half-Blood Prince), but how on earth is that supposed to work for Luna?

It's a decent looking 'you can tell who it's supposed to be' figure...but no-where near as good as some of their earlier releases unfortunately.

Oh, look, there's that bag yet again. Guess Star Ace made a lot and need to shift them, along with the same books, again, and the test tubes from the Snape release. I didn't realise Luna was so into potions in her first year at Hogwarts :)

Those quibblers are oversized. but, I guess that's because Star Ace are making up their own Harry Potter stories and first year Luna is a lot smaller.

63732-1532336916.jpg
C3081FC2-E5EC-45BA-9982-F6B29B523FC9.jpeg

ABAF080F-CA52-4093-AD9B-5C63F6F7DAE2.jpg
This guy is actually pretty great in person! Has great shelf presence and is becoming on of my favorites from Star Ace...here’s hoping they are getting back on track come on McGonagall!!! Ps thanks for the pose idea kltrooper!

Yeah, whenever I see photos of that thing and people say it's good, I wonder if it's just the Stockholm syndrome setting in.

Yes thats true. Thats me. Im only buying this figure because I am in a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their figure as a survival strategy during my colletion habits.

Yes thats true. Thats me. Im only buying this figure because I am in a condition that causes hostages to develop a psychological alliance with their figure as a survival strategy during my colletion habits.

What I'm saying is that Star Ace is the only company making Harry Potter figures in 1/6 scale so people will settle for whatever crap they pump out. L. Malfoy is no where near the quality I expect for a $200+ figure. The likeness isn't there, the head is oversized, and the paint appears to be nonexistant. Star Ace just doesn't care about even pretending like they care about this line beyond what profit it can gouge from people's bank accounts. It's why they're pumping out Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasely from Sorcerer's Stone. They must've found some deleted scenes where they were fighting Umbridge in the Shrieking Shack that Chris Columbus
cut out for some odd reason.

Luna and Ginny don't look bad, an improvement over the last couple of releases but even the slightest chance, not matter how small, of Hot Toys maybe dipping into this well has me hesitating ordering anything. Even if a Ginny and Luna would most likely be years upon years out if at all, the fact I have a bin full of old Sideshow releases that are rotting away because of HT replacements makes me take pause.

Back