Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she looks very nice and looks a lot like Ginny/Bonnie.
She will use the teenage Hermione body then? That goes better with the headskulp.
I'll look forward to add her to the collection.

All they have done is use the accessories, body and clothes from other releases and added a new sculpt. That's why it's such an odd assortment. Star Ace are crazy.

Body and clothes = Year one Hermione.

Bag = Year one Hermione.

Hands = Year one Hermione.

Quill and ink = Year one Hermione.

Advanced potion making = Snape release.

Other books = Year one Hermione and ?

Broomstick = Year one Hermione.

Wand = Not sure. Anyone know? Could be new.

Head sculpt = New. Supposed to be CoS, advertised as SS, looks more like PoA or GoF.

But It says approximately 26 cm tall.
The year one kids are smaller.

I don't mind as long as we get more of the characters.
They can do the same for teenage, Neville, Luna, Draco, Cho, Lavender and Moaning Myrtle.

Hum, after comparing the pictures I think it's the year one body. It is all the year one Hermione hands.

But she is only 24.5 cm tall.

I think I wold have preferd the teenage body.

Hum, after comparing the pictures I think it's the year one body. It is all the year one Hermione hands.

But she is only 24.5 cm tall.

I think I wold have preferd the teenage body.

That's what I said in the post above yours - year one Hermione body, clothes and accessories.

The head looks older and oversized on that body. I wonder why they didn't use teenage Hermione instead? Could've gotten away with the school clothes look.

The sculpt itself is pretty good. Much better than most of Star Ace's previous female attempts.

Looks ok, slight improvement on some of their recent efforts. :)

Easy pass for me though, never been a fan of the character, so don't really need her in my collection.

Seems criminal not to include Tom Riddle's diary as an accessory.

I also would have greatly preferred a teenage Draco figure first.

They are still going though!
1F986520-619F-424F-8807-9BFC7E9BD1B2.jpg

Do they not realize that the Hogwarts robe and sweater designs had changed by the time Luna was introduced in the movies? You can't just re-use the year one clothing and have it work. She also shouldn't be this small as Luna was not a first year in Order of the Phoenix. She was in her fourth year, just hadn't been introduced yet.

Also the sculpts on these two seem really soft and grainy, almost like a 3-D printer.

Where was that Luna pic found?

Also that Ginny looks like they took her older face, softened it in Photoshop and put it on her 11 year old body. And the accessories just make her seem like a Hermione rehash. Very confusing way of doing this figure

Yeah this is some random sudden rush of releases from them. I’m guessing their contract may be coming to a close?

Yeah this is some random sudden rush of releases from them. I’m guessing their contract may be coming to a close?

It seems that way...they do appear to be a bit on the rushed side what with the odd assortments of clothes and accessories which look like they have been thrown together from previous releases and just added the heads. :huh As others have also said the sculpts do seem a bit 'soft' as well - it's all a bit strange! :lol

Where is Maggie Smith ???
I really want a Mcganagall 1/6 figure.

:exactly: THIS x1000! I can consider my Potter collection complete once I have her - although I'd be a bit worried about how the sculpt would turn out tbh given the recent efforts.

I should be excited about Luna, as she's my favorite character of the kids, but with the Ginny reveal and how half-baked it looks.... :dunno

The sculpt for Ginny looks teenage, the body looks small. Luna won't look right on a kid body, because she's a 5th year when she's introduced. There are still no 5-7 year versions of Harry, Ron and Hermione....

Some of SA's releases have ranged from awesome to solid, but others have just left me shaking my head.

To me, it's clear Star Ace just does not care about getting things right with this line anymore. It seems like they're just doing the bare minimum with the stuff they have to pump out figures before their license expires. To add insult to injury, they have the bodies to make 5th year versions of Ginny and Luna, the patterns for the uniforms exist with POA Hermione, as does the body, but instead they're pumping out Sorcerer's Stone versions of characters that were not at Hogwarts in that movie.

I don't mind the reuse of the accessories, but as Goblin says, why not use the teenage Hermione body and school uniform. It would make this so much more accurate. I really like the heads, if this is how they turn out.

And Ginny could come Arnold the Pygmy Puff.

Back