Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS has a 1/6 Deluxe Dementor up for PO, as well as the 1/8 Newt and Grindelwald. Gotta say, the likeness on their 1/8 Potter stuff seem seems better than their 1/6 counterparts.

The Grindelwald figure looks bad though.

That 1:6 Dementor immediately made me think of a light up Happy Meal toy. That is going to be a hard pass for me both the 1:8 and the 1:6. It has been called out on social media countless times at how inaccurate it is and they still went ahead and made a 1:6 version. Everything about the design is inaccurate from the head, neck and hands. I wouldnt be suprised if they stuck clear legs on this thing and called it a day. It disapoints me to no end too because I've defended Star Ace so many times. With other better products for the Wizarding World on the horizon it looks like now is the time to switch to a new line.

Um....what movie is that Dementor supposed to be from?

:lol :exactly:

That 1:6 Dementor immediately made me think of a light up Happy Meal toy. That is going to be a hard pass for me both the 1:8 and the 1:6. It has been called out on social media countless times at how inaccurate it is and they still went ahead and made a 1:6 version. Everything about the design is inaccurate from the head, neck and hands. I wouldnt be suprised if they stuck clear legs on this thing and called it a day. It disapoints me to no end too because I've defended Star Ace so many times. With other better products for the Wizarding World on the horizon it looks like now is the time to switch to a new line.

Agreed, unless Star Ace can convince me otherwise (like by producing an awesome McGonagall figure) I think I am done with this line. :(

Hey there, might be an odd question, but does anyone know if you can put the head of the Quidditch Harry on the body of the sorcerers stone one?

Its like they have no respect for collectors?

Who is this meant to appeal to? its a movie figure line and this design isn’t from the movie!....are we not supposed to notice? .... i really dont get it.

Hey there, might be an odd question, but does anyone know if you can put the head of the Quidditch Harry on the body of the sorcerers stone one?

No, not right away. The peg is smaller on the SS one. Maybe you could put the SS clotes on the QH Harry.
DSCN3590.JPG

Here I have just balanced the head on top of the body.
20170823_194138.jpg

So what reference material is Star Ace using exactly. Their dementors, both 1/8 and 1/6 aren’t even close to accurate to film or book. :slap

Still cool looking figures in a grim reaper kind of way, but not the guards of Azkaban they are supposed to be.

Got my 1/6 Newt a couple days ago. This is actually the first figure I've gotten from Star Ace. I was tempted by others, but never pulled the trigger. And their work can vary a great deal. But overall I'm very happy with the way this one turned out. My only issue really is they completely skipped over the brown leather detailing of his coat, and his wand seems a bit too brightly colored. But other than that? Very nice. I might also splurge for the HT version, too. But I really liked his look from the first movie.

46518792_10110370510715210_5131262901012660224_n.jpg
46728325_10110370510740160_5716469203163152384_n.jpg
46519844_10110370510735170_7553545445738283008_n.jpg
46501203_10110370510745150_1816765277807837184_n.jpg
46498002_10110370510849940_3362507738302119936_n.jpg
46505971_10110370510800040_6868391221635579904_n.jpg

Got my 1/6 Newt a couple days ago. This is actually the first figure I've gotten from Star Ace. I was tempted by others, but never pulled the trigger. And their work can vary a great deal. But overall I'm very happy with the way this one turned out. My only issue really is they completely skipped over the brown leather detailing of his coat, and his wand seems a bit too brightly colored. But other than that? Very nice. I might also splurge for the HT version, too. But I really liked his look from the first movie.

Congrats on the acquisition! You wouldn't happen to be in Illinois would you? Because your timing on getting this definitely aligns with me selling mine! I agree on the coat; I purchased mine loose from TA and the absence of the detailing is a little disappointing. But otherwise the tailoring is great. Though HT's will still likely smash it.

My Lucius Malfoy will be here Saturday or Monday. Looking forward to seeing him in hand. Hopefully its better than all the promo pics.

Nice pics JonWes and congrats on getting him! :) I really like this figure, think Star Ace did a great job with him and it's one of my favourite 1/6 figures. Plan on getting the HT one too, but I'll deffo be keeping this Newt. :rock

Back