Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Newt! The mouth is a bit strange open like that but I think it should be fine. Those accessories are perfect! I am curious though, if they were to make another figure from FB who would everybody want? Graves w an interchangeable Grindlewald head? Tina? Queenie? Jacob? Credence? I'm just curious to see what everyone else thinks. I'm on board with whoever but I would really like a Tina or Graves. :)

I like it a lot, but there's something weird going on with the eyes IMO. Could just be the lighting though.

We need more of these gloom and doom posts though. It seems like we always get something new to look at shortly after.:lol

I agree on the Doom & Gloom posts! It seems like everytime there is one, within the next week Star Ace shows off something new. Hopefully next time they show off the new sculpt on Hermione, Lucius or Bellatrix :p

Nice! Not sure I'm ready to expand into FB, Though. Right now I just want to complete my core HP lineup!

Anyone have a line on a bargain OOTP Sirius or Madeye?

Loving Newt! A definite pre-order from me!
And speaking of pre-orders, my PoA Hermione flex-pay just got pushed back another month to September 25. :(

Newt looks like a caricature more than anything else. The eyes look off and the teeth are an over exaggeration.

20638382_1303025859824146_7859197594266642785_n.jpg

promo311975404

The rest of him looks pretty good but that sculpt is harsh. Eddie has big teeth but they don't stick out over his lips.

FB_CoHP_Eddie_Redmayne_1.png

I wanted this one and would have preferred they did something a little more neutral.

latest

Not sure it's worth $245. Sucks because I wanted this one more than any other HP figure out right now. Hopefully we get a better sculpt with a figure from the upcoming film or a revision on this one.

Wow...if this comes out looking like the prototype Star Ace may have just become Hot Toys.

I feel like the sculpt needs work. The teeth are a bit much, the face is a bit narrow, and the hair looks strange. Excepting the sculpt, everything else looks great.

If they improve the sculpt, this a no-brainer order for me.

The more I look at the eyes, the more it looks like the one to our left is looking up, and the other is looking down.

review_dobby_1.jpgreview_dobby_7.jpgreview_dobby_3.jpg
Pictures of the Dobby figure from a review by mwctoys.com. I'm glad Star Ace decided to change the pillowcase costume to be more accurate. This overall looks pretty great in my opinion.

He said in that review that they're not shipping widely yet, but they were released in the UK last week.

Yes, it is. And it looks great.

Yeah, I just saw the review. Looks nice. I think the magnetic stands are a nice idea as well. Very impressed with the head sculpt. It looks much better than the one on the 1/6 version.

But I'm incredibly disappointed that they didn't bother to include the broom even after displaying the figure at Comic Con with the broom just a few short weeks ago. That's an unforgivable omission from this package since the majority of the scene was spent with him riding the broom or trying to get a hold of it.

If I can get this on sale somewhere for around $80 I'll bite, and hope they decide to include the broom with most likely, Harry from the underwater section since they don't seem to care much about where they put in scene specific accessories.

Finally took my Voldemort out of storage, and I was reminded just how awesome the figure is. And to think at one point I was considering selling it off because I felt like the line wasn't going anywhere. He looks great lurking behind POA Harry.

Back