Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Halloween Hermione is shipping from BBTS just in time for....uh....nothing.

It was the only way I could get me hands on that jaw dropping KA Kim sculpt that I missed out on originally, so I'll wear the "Selling-Out-to-Stupid-Holliday-Figures" badge proudly!

I've got the Ginny head ( which in my opinion actually looks pretty good ) I put it on one of the Phicen teenage bodys and it looks just fine.

My Halloween Hermione is shipping from BBTS just in time for....uh....nothing.

It was the only way I could get me hands on that jaw dropping KA Kim sculpt that I missed out on originally, so I'll wear the "Selling-Out-to-Stupid-Holliday-Figures" badge proudly!

That is the true benefit of these holiday releases is people can get the really good base figures that missed out previously. The KA Kim original set of 3 kids is still among the best that this company has produced.

My Hagrid 2.0 Just shipped from Big Bad Toy Store... we shall see how this one fares in hand. I imagine they must have released in Asian territories already but I have not heard much on it at all.

That is the true benefit of these holiday releases is people can get the really good base figures that missed out previously. The KA Kim original set of 3 kids is still among the best that this company has produced.

My Hagrid 2.0 Just shipped from Big Bad Toy Store... we shall see how this one fares in hand. I imagine they must have released in Asian territories already but I have not heard much on it at all.

:exactly: Agreed, those three figures were great.

Got the Hagrid 2.0 in. I prefer the V1 sculpt much more than the V2 in many ways. Curious to see how you all feel about it. The clothing on the V2 set is great. I am pretty certain they decided to only include the cake and not the cake box which is annoying... I am going to have to make something now for that. It is included in all product shots but it is definitely not with the figure. The V2 head was not futzed in any way, just right out of the box

IMG_9071.jpgee.jpgIMG_9073.jpeg

Last edited:
The v2 head looks too round and jolly. The hair also didn’t have the revised style like in the proto pics, just the same curly mane. I love this as an alternate look for Hagrid, but the new head isn’t great and they forgot to include the cake box, which is very annoying considering it is only one of the new accessories.

I just purchased a second v1 head off toy anxiety. It’s disappointing to see the downward trajectory this company is on and it astounds me they are continuing to produce figures. I’m happily sitting out on Lupin and worm tail as I’m certain those will be with plenty of faults as well.

Last edited:
The v2 head looks too round and jolly. He hair also didn?t have the revised style like in the proto pics, just the same curly mane. I love this as an alternate look for Hagrid, but the new head isn?t great and they forgot to include the cake box, which is very annoying considering it is only one of the new accessories.

I just purchased a second v1 head off toy anxiety. It?s disappointing to see the downward trajectory this company is on and it astounds me they are continuing to produce figures. I?m happily sitting out on Lupin and worm tail as I?m certain those will be with plenty of faults as well.

Agreed. :( It's very disappointing the way this line has gone given their strong start. The v.1 Hagrid head sculpt looks so much better. I've stopped pre-ordering Star Ace figures based on their recent offerings...Lupin is one of my favourite characters from the films and I would love to add him to my Potter collection, but no way am I ordering until I see final product pics.

Yowza. That V2 head is a huge letdown. I don't think the V1 is very good either, but at least it looks like a human.

That is awful.... and for the price it’s absolutely ridiculous.

I wholeheartedly agree there. I am not going to be preordering anything from Star Ace until I see in hand pictures from other sites and groups. Some may not like the V1 Hagrid but personally I think it looks decent, especially now after seeing what a disaster the V2 head sculpt is. It is almost as if they lost rights to the likeness and made some bizarro interpretation.

I feel the same way about the upcoming releases too. Lupin and Worm Tail look cartoonish and horrid as well. I am not sure who they are enlisting in the sculpting department at Star Ace, but things are continuing to go downward quickly.

Star Ace is a Subsidiary of X Plus and the sculpting ability of X Plus products is absolutely incredible. They make a ton of different vinyl characters of Godzilla and other licenses. There is a drastic quality difference between the two companies.

If only the originals could be re-released, but with winter scarves and stacks of books instead of holiday themed stuff.
I had the awesome set last year, but sadly had to sell to pay bills etc, regretted it ever since. Ended up getting the Mattel dolls instead, urgh.
00248f7403c594999b954b2e9808bba3.jpg

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

I've had my Harry in his casual clothes ever since I noticed how off the sweater is from what is in the movie. The jacket is off too, but to a much less distracting degree.

Just wanted to share a couple pictures of Luna and Bellatrix after a little work was done to them. I think they both look pretty nice now. Also threw in a picture of my screen used envelope I just recently got because its too cool not to show.
20200105_200725.jpg
Screenshot_20200105-193419_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200105-193512_Gallery.jpg
Luna before
20200105_200913.jpg
And after
Screenshot_20200105-193242_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200105-194543_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200105-194620_Gallery.jpg

Massive difference futzed. Well done.

I also have a few of those envelopes. Coins too.

Nice work on Luna and Bellatrix - that's a huge improvement on the stock figures! :clap

Love the letter too - very cool! :rock

Thanks guys. If Star Ace could find a solid painter and actually try to make these movie accurate we might be in ok shape.

Back