Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I’m not sure what all the furor is over Snape 2.0. To my eye they’ve done nothing but recycle 1.0 with the rooted hair. Now if you hated 1.0, you’ll naturally hate the new offering as well, but I don’t see it as a step back in any way.

In fact, although there were few who saw 1.0 as anything close to a home run in terms of likeness, the biggest gripe as I remember it was that the hair was diminishing the accuracy in a fairly big way. So now, with what looks to be the same underlying sculpt (or awfully close to it), but now with the added bonus of being able to futz the hair a bit to taste, I really see this as a plus.

I’m sure I’m the only one who can make this statement, but I’m actually a bit stoked for this one! Happily put in my pre-order for the accessory pack this morning at BBTS. Can’t wait to work with it and take some pics!

And if it DOES suck, I’m only out $38 or so...

B5B097E0FC324269BC6A.jpeg

Last edited:
And if it DOES suck, I’m only out $38 or so...
[/img]

Well worst case scenario you get a couple of bottle accessories? So it's not a total loss.

I just preordered Hagrid, I really do like this alternate outfit for him. I sent a message to Star Ace on Facebook asking if they are going to be doing a Hagrid 2.0 accessory set, they saw it but there was no reply. The new head really nails that weird hair style he had in the first movie.

Im tempted, but i wish they had used the same face sculpt as version one, im 50/50 as to order him or not?
I think the face is off especially the side view reminds me of the ghost from muppets christmas carol.

Well didnt everyone in here pick up santa Hagrid!? These will be perfect companions. Lol, all I can do is laugh...its just so sad.

Well, it looks like the news I've been hearing is true...WB really is giving the stamp of approval to any kind of Harry Potter these days. What the f-

All of these just automatically trend themselves into the category of pseudo-creepy photography you see on the depths of Tumblr and the like. I genuinely wonder if this is a perception of Western audiences and their typical holidays? I mean they've become such retail commodities in and of themselves that a western license plus that perception could explain it.

Good lord :slap, who is approving these things! :lol :lol This is getting ridiculous! There will probably be Easter versions of them next. What a waste of a license.

Star Ace, please stop making these odd variants and give us some new characters (like McGonagall - hint, hint). :lecture

I honestly don't think they have an updatable license anymore. They keep cranking out the same stuff repeatedly, that feels a lot like they're locked into what they already have approved, more or less.

I honestly don't think they have an updatable license anymore. They keep cranking out the same stuff repeatedly, that feels a lot like they're locked into what they already have approved, more or less.

I just think they're cheap, lazy ****s that are trying to get the most bang out of the sculpts and bodies they have right now before they lose the license. Never forget how they released non accurate versions of Ginny and Luna just because they have the year 1 bodies locked and loaded.

So, for those who have Luna (if you exist) How is she? I know she's not really movie accurate (being like a kid version) but still I think she might be nice to add to the collection to break things up a little.

Back