OFFICIAL EPISODE III REVIEW THREAD......INCLUDES SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

WOW, saw it Friday I still can't get the wonderful images out of my head. Definitely on paw with the OT, might even be my favorite episode yet. I need to see it again.

The opening Space battle is the best one yet, just outstanding. I love how the ship brakes they have to
land it on the planet, pure Star Wars.

The thing that made the OT for me were the characters
they had so much charisma. I think in the prequels we
had no Han Solo. that the audience could relate to is
Dry one-liners. A hero you could relate to that everyone
liked.

In ROTS we have him Obi-Wan, is a legend in this his best
performance yet. Love his dry since of humor and onliners.
were superb he really nailed the character. all the other performances were good/and excellent as-well. But Ewen
was the stand out for me.

I loved the scenes when.

When Obi-one calls for back up, but then just jumps down
to face Grievous and hundreds of droids on his own. he
really stud his ground, i'ts then you know he's a fearless
man.

I liked the scene when Yoda force pushed the imperial guards
with no effort. and when he climbed up on Chewys back, I don't
no why I just really liked that.

The end Duels were outstanding I've never seen so much emotion in a Star wars film. " you were my brother I loved
you" I really felt for Obi-wan.

The Order 66 montage was brilliant but sad, I would have liked to have seen more Jedi Fighting in the Temple. When the young Jedi came out fighting on is own I liked.

Their so many other outstanding scenes I loved I need to see it again. What a classic.

thinks I disliked.

They shouldn't have cut the Yoda Dagaba scene. I wanted to see that.

And Gui gon was not there at the end I hope i'ts on the dvd.

But apart from one thing that's it.

What's the deal, why do my sentences never match up? i'ts not the way I type. what format does everyone use? this really bugs me.:bang

And with that, I'll add that I have yet to see one child present at all of the screenings I've been to. I'm sure that'll change..... But it really shouldn't.

I saw it Saturday, and I saw many, many kids in the audience. I think there were more kids than adults. Yes, I did find some of the scenes intense as you mentioned.

My short review, well, I liked it very much and thought it was a very good movie. It was not perfect, but it is an improvement over AOTC for sure. I thought the acting of McGregor was outstanding, Christensen was better and I was happy the love scenes were much better. As for emotion, I knew what was going to happen to Anakin, so I did not feel strongly emotional like crying, I mainly felt sorry for him. Basically, he was manipulated and deceived by Palpatine, who preyed on Anakin's fears of losing a loved one. But also, I thought Anakin made a terrible mistake by stopping Mace Windu from killing Palpatine. I got misty-eyed when Yoda said goodbye to Chewbacca (I will miss you) and when Obi-wan said "You were my brother, I loved you" at Mustafar.

Good Points:

- I thought the film played short (even at 2 1/2 hours the plot was fluid and fast with no sags or dead spots)

- Special Effects were outstanding, the best of any Star Wars.

- Acting was outstanding, especially McGregor as Obi-wan.

- Lightsaber duels were outstanding and numerous.

Bad Point:

- I thought the film played short... well it was good that it did not drag, but there was much more left out that could have been there to make it a greater movie.

- Lucas Dialogue is not Shakespeare (to quote Natalie Portman), he should have co-wrote or turned this over to a professional. I think AOTC would have been much better if it had better writing. Writing is the weakest link of this movie.

- Natalie Portman. I really liked her performance in Phantom Menace, but she seems a little stiff to me in AOTC and ROTS. Maybe if she had better dialogue. Also, she wasn't involved in the plot at all except give birth to Luke and Leia, I missed seeing her involved like in AOTC.

I recommend to all, it is a 4 out of 5 star rating for me.

I saw the movie again last night but on a digital projector, WOW looked Awesome!!
After seeing it the second time it just made me love the movie even more.

OK, I saw the film again on Friday, and I have a question:

What exactly does the "Balance of the Force" prophecy say?

I mean, how could Anakin bring balance if the Jedi thought that all the Sith had been wiped out prior to TPM? Does this suggest that Anakin balanced the Force by becoming a Sith?

And if Qui-Gon, Mace, and Yoda thought that Anakin could bring balance in Ep. I, how would he bring balance by wiping out the Sith? That would mean that the Force is unbalanced in favor of the Jedi. The Jedi may have misread the prophecy, but I don't even understand what in the hell is supposed to be balanced.:dunno

This is brought up in the ROTS book and it talks about that the unbalance could of actually come from the Jedi.

And actually if you want to get really down to it: Anakin does bring balance to the Force. He kills Jedi (save a couple) and he ends up killing the Sith Lord.

This is brought up in the ROTS book and it talks about that the unbalance could of actually come from the Jedi.

Interesting, thanks for posting this. That was my exact thought while I watched the movie. ROTS has so many things to think about. I really wish Eps. 1 and 2 had even 1/2 the depth that Ep. 3 does.

Finally!! I just came back from watching Episode 3 for the first time!! And it was well worth my time too! The opening of the movie is the best one I've seen in any Star Wars movie. Absolutely LOVED it! I do have a few minor things to complain about though. The 1 thing the whole movie was about kinda failed to be any good. After all that has happened up till then....why did Anakin give in so easily to Palpatine at the end?? It really was the weakest point in the whole movie and that was such a downer on the whole thing...
Other than that, it's thumbs up for Lucas :yay . Now I'll have to go right ahead and watch ep 4 to 6 right away :)

Back