Official EB X M: Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
407375_221248444616363_100001936270990_504985_1047171771_n.jpg

What!?

The scale of the parts is all over the place. Belts look too small. Head's all Frankenstein'd. Pee-Yew! Stinker.

I'm still waiting to see some decent pics. It looks pretty horrible in these, but they are horrible pics as well!

But, not looking good so far.

Looks a lot better here..

69464edegw1dndxn9665oj.jpg

Hey Rory, any idea when this will be released since you're getting one? Did you PO one or just waiting until its "in stock" to pick it up?

Everyone hated Medi Dark Knight when that came out - but once posed correctly, even before mods, people realised it wasn't half bad. I think Medi Jack has potential - I'd like to see some well posed photos.

Hey Rory, any idea when this will be released since you're getting one? Did you PO one or just waiting until its "in stock" to pick it up?

I paid for it ages ago from an EB official dealer, he normally gets stuff to me pretty quickly once it's released. I think it's listed as Jan/Feb at the moment.

I don't know why there is such need to rip on this figure like it's a Hasbro toy or something. I think Hot Toys' Jack is a better overall figure, but I think this is a pretty solid runner up to it, paint apps looks nice, sculpt is better than the old Medicom portraits, clothes look nice, boots are painted with nice detail despite being solid sculpt. There have been some crappy pics of this but I think futzed and presented as nice as any figure, it will look better than it's being perceived. The only real negative about it is the price, at roughly $50 more than the Hot Toys figure, and coming with less things and less detail to what's included, that's a bit much. This is a solid $150-$200 figure, just not a $300 figure.

I don't know why there is such need to rip on this figure like it's a Hasbro toy or something. I think Hot Toys' Jack is a better overall figure, but I think this is a pretty solid runner up to it, paint apps looks nice, sculpt is better than the old Medicom portraits, clothes look nice, boots are painted with nice detail despite being solid sculpt. There have been some crappy pics of this but I think futzed and presented as nice as any figure, it will look better than it's being perceived. The only real negative about it is the price, at roughly $50 more than the Hot Toys figure, and coming with less things and less detail to what's included, that's a bit much. This is a solid $150-$200 figure, just not a $300 figure.

You are right, but for what they are charging for it, it is not a very good figure. I guess it is relative. You get a great sculpt and figure at less than $150, it is awesome. You get the same great sculpt and figure at $200, then it's an ok figure. You get the same sculpt and figure at $250+, not very good figure.

I gues Medicom X Enterbay should realize that and start charging accordingly. Maybe this joint ventures are not as good as we thought as they are splitting the earnings and each want to earn as if they sold the figure themeselves. But with an overall inferior package and at almost $100 more than Hot Toys, most people will prefer HT.

I don't think anyone who is buying one Jack Sparrow is realistically going to buy the EB one. It's pirates fans who will pick it up to accompany their DX set who will pay for this. Like me.
So I think all the "it looks crap compared to HT" posts are pretty pointless and obvious. Most of which are made by people to re-unforced the idea to themselves that they made the right choice with their cash. I agree with Maulfan's post completely.

I'm still waiting to see some decent pics. It looks pretty horrible in these, but they are horrible pics as well!

But, not looking good so far.

Looks a lot better here..

69464edegw1dndxn9665oj.jpg

Colors look better there, and it looks like quite a solid figure there too at first glance...but figure still has scale issues overall -- look at the size of the folds on the boots, the length of the legs, the small belts, the short coat, the oversized headband, etc.

Doesn't seem like the sculptors and the tailors were working on the same scaled figure.

With the exception of the HS, the choice of materials actually look worst than the first HT Jack Sparrow from four years ago.

Compared to the DX06, it's not even a comparison. The quality of materials, the presentation, the extras, it's very clear who the winner is here.

From the pic you can already tell it's missing a lot of fine detail that the HT one has. The most glaring is the buttons. On the HT, there are buttons sewn in all over. the UU jack is still using the old gluing method and from what I can see, actually lacking any marking on them. The lace also seems to be missing from the Medicom version.

And when you take into account the price, the choice is obvious. If this were cheaper than HT, it might still stand a chance. As of now, it doesn't.

One interesting fact, reason Medicom and Enterbay are teaming up together because Medicom has already lost the market to HT in Japan. I know this for a fact because I have a few Japanese customer that bought a lot of HT. They told me straight up that Medicom suck. Mind you this is not just the opinion of a few but an opinion shared by many collectors in Japan.

I think Enterbay has the skills to grow without the need for Medicom dragging them down and Enterbay should have just release this themselves. It will be cheaper and probably a closer competition to the HT version.

I would like to see EB step their game up. The way I see it HT is currently putting out the better product and setting the market price. If EB was able to start putting out a superior product and undercut HT price we would see the prices go down.

Back