Official Asajj Ventress Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree the Sideshow bodies need updated very soon, but in terms of being loose or tight I know I too have come across this problem. For the most part my figures have been very tight but I did buy a couple that have very loose limbs and it really sucks when your trying to pose them.

Maybe it is a bad sample then.

But returning it is going to be a headache since apparent SSC is so backed up. Too bad it's basically impossible to strip Asajj down because I'd probably just swap with Leia Boushh since I don't really do any action poses with her.

Perhaps it may have something to do with the very flimsy rubber boots. They don't have any weight to them to help anchor the feet to the ground. I was thinking about trying to stuff the soles with something to add that counterweight.

Thoughts on that, guys??

Well, I'd say ya the boots not supporting is a factor, but at the same time, being flisy I think adds posing options when the joints hold. The Buck isn't perfect, no figure body is 100% perfect, but one thing I will say is better about others over it, is consistency in the joints, and that's key. My SSC Darth Mauls all have very tight joints, the tightest of any Sideshow figure I have, but then others have had looser joints, thankfully none have ever been super flimsy. I'm sure the fully new bodies will work great. Your body swap idea is sound in principle, if you futz the outfit just right, the fact that Asajj's body is the same color as her face won't be detectable.

When I got my Leia she had a real hard time standing... but it turned out that her foot was put into the boot at an odd angle and wasn't lying flat. So because of that she wouldn't stand. However, a quick redress with the foot all the way in her boot and she was fine.

Well I padded the feet and boots with folded over pieces of masking tape. It seems like it may have significantly helped.

Cross your fingers for me, guys and gals...

Pretty please?? :)

Well I padded the feet and boots with folded over pieces of masking tape. It seems like it may have significantly helped.

Cross your fingers for me, guys and gals...

Pretty please?? :)

My fingers are crossed for you.

MaulFan, I really like your new avatar! :rock :emperor

My fingers are crossed for you.

MaulFan, I really like your new avatar! :rock :emperor

Thanks. I was getting into the spirit of a new Halloween movie, but now that I can see Sideshow came through on another beloved character of mine, I had to enjoy that more :) The conclusion of the Maul-Asajj tale is coming this weekend guys.

Here is my Asajj!!! :rock

cf3554a3.jpg

I just wanted to give a shout-out to those members who replied to my earlier posts with constructive advice and personal anecdotes. Zeroing in on the very likely possibility that my Asajj's body has defective joints helped me devise an appropriate fix.

And I'm happy to say that two days later, the fix seems to be holding, and I've been able to achieve most of the poses I've attempted.

So a heartfelt "Thank You" to those members. The help was very much appreciated.

the boots on Maul were a little chunky for me, although the rest of the figure was great - I got Leia Boush the other day and for me she ranks as the best, I'll be getting my Asajj next week, and from the pics in this thread I'll think its gonna be Leia and Asajj which would be the two best..:maul

I love my Asajj figure. I'd rank it up there with Obi-Wan and Maul as my favorites so far.

Boushh is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, so I'm glad to hear that you like her so much, mohawk1975.

Ironically, they were both figures I passed on. But I picked up Asajj after the disappointment of seeing Ilum Padme. And I picked up Boushh after seeing pics of Ep4 Leia and deciding I couldn't pay $60 for that.

I love the magnetic lightsaber connection. That's brilliant.

FOR YOU WAITLISTERS:monkey2

Dear Collector,

We wanted to take this opportunity to e-mail you about your Wait List Reservation for the exclusive Asajj Ventress 12-inch figure from our Star Wars line (#21131). At this time, this wait list is preparing to be CLOSED. We do not anticipate any more of these items to return to stock and you should therefore expect to receive an e-mail in the next month or so from our web site notifying you that your waitlist reservation has been canceled.

We apologize that you were not able to acquire this figure for your collection. You may however be interested in purchasing a regular Asajj Ventress 12-inch figure. A small quantity of this item has been made available to order through our site at the link below. This offer is on a first come, first served basis. Due to the number of other collectors on the exclusive wait list who are also receiving this offer, we would suggest that you make you purchase soon.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2113

We would also suggest for you to become a newsletter member if you are not already. Newsletter members have the first access to news, product information, the first opportunity to pre-order new items and more! You can sign up for FREE in under two minutes at the link below!

Thats what I figured would happen so I got the regular one... and she will be here on Thursday. Wooo Hooo.

I got the regular myself... Really am glad I did too, the extra head is nice, but I made my own the best I could....

DSCN3293.jpg

I highly recommend this fix.... It takes hardly no time at all and looks the same if not better than the exclusive head. And if anyone wants me to do this for them, will do for half the normal rate... super cheap. :D

I highly recommend this fix.... It takes hardly no time at all and looks the same if not better than the exclusive head. And if anyone wants me to do this for them, will do for half the normal rate... super cheap. :D

That looks great... might have to take you up on that offer.

Back