Official 12" Hot Toys Batman Begins Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT Batman Begin, the original suit Batman and TDK, sorry for the poor pic.
DSC09567-1.jpg

:D

I'm gonna make this 'pencile' disappear

Great pic bro,thanks for sharing! How do you keep his suit so shiny? I just got one of these Batman Begins figures & I really like it. I think the sculpt is great, a little face repaint would do nice though. :cool:

i know that they are obviously different, but what are the specific differences between the original and the new HT begins suit figure?

I would say, new headsculpt,new improved suit made of rubber,new sculpted boots made from rubber as well,everything is new except the belt i think is reused and possibly painted better..i have no idea..you get the same accessories though for the new version as the old and more.

The V1 HT batman had a suit designed to be much more like what the films suit was supposed to be as far as construction. It was a body suit with rubber armor layered over it. The films suit was supposed to be a neoprene wetsuit with the foam rubber armor panels layered on, hot toys tried to mimic this, but in smaller scales, layers become the enemy of realism, so it created a suit that was maybe constructed more accurate but looked alot thicker and bulkier. IT also inhibited alot of his movement, the pic above i did to show he could do some extreme poses but it was not easy and risked tearing the armor from the undersuit.

The v1 also had a much bigger cape, size of a small camping tent :p that was double layered, but a bit thick and it didnt always lay very well, because its thickness made it a bit stiff. Other than that he had the same belt, but it doesn't have the clip on the back for the grapnel gun.

The v2 uses a two piece rubber suit, for accurate look and scale, and much improved poseability, along with softer rubber boots he has a great range of motion all over, and he has the new headsculpt, new hand sculpts, new gauntlets, and a new cape. The belt is pretty much identical but iwth the new clip on the back for the gun.

I always liked the V1 when i had it, i chose it over the takara because i felt it was more accurate despite its problems and could be made to look good even with them for example here's some pics of the v1 i did:
htbatmanlit.jpg

htbatanglelit.jpg

Originally i intended to stick with the v1 and just get the new suit bats and joker, but once the new v2 came out i saw more pics and just got floored, and had to have it, and was very pleased when i got it, i ended up just breaking my v1 down to parts for some other projects, but it was a good figure.

If your going to get one though it should be the v2, its hands down the best begins batman there is.

i kinda liking this old suit a little more than the newer one
mostly because as Magnuz stated, it's like that wetsuit with armor plating on it
can this be kit bashed with the new suit?
i think this would look great with the new head sculpt, gauntlets, boots, and cape, and gloves

too bad i can't really find the figure any where
or anywhere for cheap

Haha.. I was going for a 'star wars' darth vader w/ stormtroopers on that one, that's why I took off the capes.

That's cool man! Post pics when they have arrived:)

SWEET!! I have the HT original costume Batman & the HT Batman Begins Batman, waiting on my HT Dark Knight Batman.(I also have the Takara Batman) :D Why 2 Dark Knights & where's their capes?? :confused:

Why 2 Dark Knights :confused:

I got two as well. One for posing standard and one to go onto the Batpod. Although I know a few who have two to display one with mask and one without. I've considered that route as well...would be interesting to pose one in pieces like the scene after Rachel died....

Sadly I bought 2 because the hook on the wrist plate was missing. I emailed hot toys regarding this 2 weeks ago and have yet to get a reply from them:(

Any of you had experience similar cases here?

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I acquired a HT BB Batman last year and have recently considered selling him in hopes of saving towards trading up to the TDK Original Costume version.

I realize the market for this figure has subsided, but what can I expect to get for it? Recently on ebay one sold for $235 shipped.

Also, mine has never been opened/displayed - did all 1,100 made come with a certificate of authenticity? I'm assuming it's inside because, I haven't seen any numbers on the packaging exterior.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Back