Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Star Wars 'Teaser' 5/15

I am nothing but confused. So was it joke or not? If it was, jolly good. If not, y'all better get in the conga line!

Va-der, Va-der, VA-DUURRRRR! :vader Va-der, Va-der, VA-DUURRRRR! :vader Va-der, Va-der, VA-DUURRRRR! :vader Va-der, Va-der, VA-DUURRRRR! :vader Va-der, Va-der, VA-DUURRRRR! :vader Va-der, Va-der, VA-DUURRRRR! :vader Va-der, Va-der, VA-DUURRRRR! :vader

Interesting. My hopes aren't up at all but I'm interested to see when they'll actually do the announcement......I wonder if they'll make us wait until the Newsletter.

As for every single guess on this thread...figure the odds.

I hate to burst bubbles...but it will likely be some kind of trailer for the Clone Wars Animated movie.

I don't think we'll get a tease of Vader. If he's at SDCC, why blow your load prematurely by even hinting at it now, that would be the climax of Star Wars at SDCC, you'd waste the show by giving any indication now that he'll be there.

Vader 1/6 will either be unveiled during SDCC or not for a while, I can't see it being the teased product. If Vader is tied to the tease, it'll be a dio or bust.

I dunno. I think that would pretty much raise anticipation for SDCC through the roof if people knew that Vader was going to be there.

Well it can't be a bust because if I remember correctly the MR 1:1 license which has effectively transferred over to eFX bars them from doing any helmeted characters as it is too close to their particular licensing. So, it might be a dio. There was a Vader inspired dio a while back which had The Emperor's Throne Room and the Bespin duel as part of the choices.....

As for teasing a 1/6 Vader, I don't think it'd be "blowing the load" just a gentle ^^^^tease at this point. SDCC is a couple of months away but imagine the hoopla if they just showed a chest box and said "Coming to SDCC". People would go ape^^^^. Remember the 1/6 Gandalf craze and that lasted waaaay longer than anyone would imagine it would gone and in retrospect I don't think it was a mistake to let that glimpse out. If you look at the pics again he is still there while the Thing has been blurred out.

I dunno. I think that would pretty much raise anticipation for SDCC through the roof if people knew that Vader was going to be there.

That's what happened with Jabba and crew.

Did we know about Jabba in advance?

Didn't we have to unscramble a bunch of hints or something?

I just think it'd be cool thing for the con goers if they had a black veiled display, tight security, and at a scheduled time, pull the curtain back with video screens showing what's going on for the back of the crowd and be like behold our latest 1/6 Star Wars figures, and the curtain falls to show Vader flanked by a Trooper on each side with a spotlight on Darth.

I guess the better question is has any SDCC Announced product begun teasing early. I wanna say there has been but I'm not sure.

With all the whining for a Vader to be made over the years, I could see them doing something to break balls more than hint at the real deal.

Remember we got the Praji hint? I believe there was a certain someone here who was adamant that it was Vader.

I thought we did have a hint at Jabba coming. Something like a picture of his Hookah bowl and it said something about the Scum and Villainy line.

Remember we got the Praji hint? I believe there was a certain someone here who was adamant that it was Vader.

Who the crap was that? Was he banned? Did he get run outta here with pitch fork and torches a blazing? Was there a hazing? Was he taken to task and punished to the letter of the law?

What filth. What stenched slime. What....

What?

Who?

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back