Occ's ManCave.... the Progress of ....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

occulum

ExeKutioner
Reaction score
Im pretyt much to a point where I think I can show some pics.
Huge WIP and Its very far from being finished, but its to a point I'll be taking a break to work on some other things ....

I basically get the whole basement to myself and the wife gets the whole upstairs.
The basement consists of this room, next to it my soon-to-be studio, a woodshop and a downstairs garage for my car.

heres a pic of what the room looked like when we moved in over a year ago.
MCB4-1.jpg

here are pics of what its progressed to.
(.. and yes, my camera sux balls)
All lighting is on a dimmer switch. The track lighting is on another dimmer switch.
I wanted to give the room an outdoor feel to a certain extent.

everything my collection sits on will end up being replaced by custom built cabinets/displays at some point. Theyre just sitting on temp furniture for now.
I'll also build a custom stand for my TV to put all components under it.

The wall the TV is on will also end up being only Universal SSE Monsters. The hellboy collection will end up in the studio room next door. As will the Kong pieces more than likely.
MC1.jpg

the grates in the foot base I built will also be backlit once theyre finished.
MC2.jpg

MC3.jpg

MC4.jpg

here is the Vampyre display I built awhile back. He'll either have a new one built or I'll custm build a base for the display at some point.
MC5.jpg

I cut a hole out of the wall over the couch to the studio so I can sit at my drafting table and work and still watch my TV.
MC6.jpg

This is pretty much the view from my drafting table I finally got up and in place.
A lot of work will be happening at this table now ...
Though I do plan to eventually build my own work table. One in the shape of a U with my work area on one side and my computer on the other side so I can just spin my chair around to get to either ...
I also have a foosball table in the studio room .....
MC8.jpg

thats it for now.... it'll probably be awhile before I post another update.
I have a lot of other work to concentrate on before I jump back in on the man-cave once again ......

beautiful basement bro!! Love the setup. What did you do to the walls? Did you paint them? It has a very interesting gray colour that really works with the room.

beautiful basement bro!! Love the setup. What did you do to the walls? Did you paint them? It has a very interesting gray colour that really works with the room.

thanks.

the walls are actually outdoor wood siding from Home Depot. it has a wood texture pressed into it. Off the shelf its a light tan. I painted the whole room black and dry-brushed 4 shades of grey over the whole room to bring out the texture. ..... glad thats behind me ... :monkey4

thanks guys....

the lamp you can barely see beside the couch is also a UNC tiffany style lamp ... cant wait til next basketball season :rock

thanks guys....

the lamp you can barely see beside the couch is also a UNC tiffany style lamp ... cant wait til next basketball season :rock

actually here ya go.
I didnt post this pic at first cause of the photoshopd pic I did of me sticking a plunger up my buddys arse on the front of the beer fridge. he ended up getting in a fight with his gf trying to prove it wasnt real. She thought we were "sick .. just SICK" :lol

MC7.jpg

Excellent set-up! It's great to have a room just for your collection.

And I've always loved that Vampyre display you built. :rock

thanks guys....

woo! go unc...even though i go to uncw..but thats a who different division..haha nice room by the way..i so want a man cave one day..

I love the atmosphere that emanates from your room, and more proders chosen are really well matching with that piece, bravo to you friend :cool:

Back