Obi Wan's home diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiburr

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

It must be diorama month or something! I started this about two weeks ago,there's so much work to do but here is the humble beginnings anyway. I am really anxious to eventually populate it with all of Ben's stuff.

Nathan

Hey all,

It must be diorama month or something! I started this about two weeks ago,there's so much work to do but here is the humble beginnings anyway. I am really anxious to eventually populate it with all of Ben's stuff.

Nathan

Excited to see how this turns out, whats the scale?>

From that radio and speaker set I'd say he's making a interior 1/6 Ben Kenobi House...

Absolutely 1:6! It's massive. Much bigger than I thought it'd be, but also slightly forced perspective as the set was built originally. I wanted at first to do both interior and exterior but couldn't justify either the tunisian building nor the SE matte painting with the internal layout, so it'll probably just be the inside. To keep weight down, much of the rest will be foam with fiberglass and stucco over top.

Nathan

Well I finally picked up on this project again and have gotten the room to be roughed out. I haven't fixed the sleeping area yet or added the third column because I need access to all the walls for texturizing. I am really excited to finally have this thing coming together and I can't wait to build all of his various possessions!

Nathan

Attachments

• ObiAdobe.jpg
    ObiAdobe.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 417
Thanks guys. Yeah, it's Pretty damn huge. Over five feet in depth but I'm happy to be working on a set for myself for a change! I am building it to be viewed from only one vantage point so it'll be housed inside another box, allowing another dio opportunity to happen on it's top. Really wish I would've bought the Mythos Obi-Wan to have another scene based around that, oh well. I'll post more in the next day or two as the walls take shape!

Nathan

Did some more work yesterday adding the raised bed area and furthering the textures!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385413502848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385413502848.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 236
Happy new year go all and happy builds!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Back