Obi-Wan VS Anakin Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
2202_press01-001.jpg

2202_press08-001.jpg

ES set at 1250 pieces. Nice. I'm glad I got my order in for $238 at Dark Shadow Collectibles before they sold out. I'm really looking forward to this piece. Considering this is probably my favorite duel of the saga (and most other peoples' as well according to the recent poll) I didn't want to risk this getting expensive down the line.

I can see the SW Diorama line really taking off before too long.

It is a very bad ass piece for sure, would love to add it to the display. Sadly the funds won't allow such a transaction at this time. :(

Yeah this line I could only afford 1, and I'll wait forr my ROTJ final duel in that case.

Looks like the ONLY way to display this dio is with a base wrapped red velvet cloth. Most definitely gives the illusion of a river of molten lava. EXCELLENT!!!

Deffinately a must own piece for me, it is my favorite duel of the saga and it's a very well done piece. I think this is piece is the one to judge what we can come to expect in the dio line. The "This Is No Cave" piece is really geared around the convention and dealing with attendees and non-attendees needs and interests, but I think as a whole, the dio line will probably really satistfy the fanboys in all of us, here's to hoping a ROTJ Luke vs Vader w/Emperor may be next :)

I would have loved to get this and would love to get other Jedi duels, but I just could not bring myself to start another line.

The general consensus around here was a concern with the price and starting another line. People rather get PF and 12" figures. No wonder the ES is relatively low for the entire run.

I am still debating on this piece. May pick it up if offered on second chance which I think they will once people have to decide if they are going to keep it.

Don't like Obi-Wan's pose. He is falling backwards! Anakin looks like he is in charge. I would have preferred a pose where both characters appear strong and determined.

If you wanna argue Obi-Wan is about to make a powerful downward stroke, look at where his center of gravity is... in the real world he is falling backwards.

Beren

Beren said:
Don't like Obi-Wan's pose. He is falling backwards! Anakin looks like he is in charge. I would have preferred a pose where both characters appear strong and determined.

If you wanna argue Obi-Wan is about to make a powerful downward stroke, look at where his center of gravity is... in the real world he is falling backwards.

Beren
I see it as Obi just dodged a saber swipe to the stomach. I like this one but I am going to have to wait and see if I can afford it when the time comes.

poor obi-wan is doomed! :) OR IS HE! hahah. that's a pretty intense recovery he's got ahead of him

something got thrown off in the angle of the platform when I made the lava base. I have some progress shots before the lava where obi was at a much more believable stance. I take full blame! I say sorry!

Trev

Trevolver said:
poor obi-wan is doomed! :) OR IS HE! hahah. that's a pretty intense recovery he's got ahead of him

something got thrown off in the angle of the platform when I made the lava base. I have some progress shots before the lava where obi was at a much more believable stance. I take full blame! I say sorry!

Trev

does that mean its only that way in the pictures, or production pieces are doomed with that fate as well?

That is an amazing piece. The look and design both Trev are something that will draw people to look at in any collection. The ES is a nice one as well even smaller than the 2k that was tossed around during TF. This will make some think twice next time a piece like this comes up.

I really thought he was at a better angle, but it was a stressful project, because I went far beyond my deadline. some of the toyfair shots were much too intense, and that's likely because of the positioning of the back foot, which I could see had changed over the course of the show.

in looking back at my quick photos of the piece, as it looked finished, obi-wan was more forward, and in so, balanced. We'll just have to see what the production pieces look like. I'll still take full blame though. :) maybe someday the sculpted photos will be shared
Trev

Khev said:
I don't think SS had any issues with Andy showing us his WIP Hulk photos after the PF went up for preorder so how about a look the Mustafar Dio? :)

I'd second that.

Back