Obi-Wan VS Anakin Diorama OR Darth Maul Premium Format?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obi-Wan VS Anakin Diorama OR Darth Maul Premium Format?

• Obi-Wan VS Anakin Diorama

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Darth Maul Premium Format

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters

NobleWarrior

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a pickle. I only have enough money for one.... but which one.

Given the choice, which one would you guys go for?

Obi-Wan VS Anakin Diorama OR Darth Maul Premium Format

Gotta go with Maul. If I end up selling my other SW PF this is the one I wll be keeping.

Diorama. Much more dynamic piece if you ask me. It's got powerful tension between the two main characters, it's a striking size, beautifully done, and has a ton of energy. I would love to get one myself.

As far as size and quality, they're both fantastic pieces worth having in the collection, though I'm judging the dio by convention images and what not.

It really matters what you enjoy more, the tension and drama of the Mustafar duel and what it stands for, or are you a Darth Maul fan.

As far as overall piece, I'd set aside my Maul love and say the dio, Maul's badass, but the dio has emotion and is badass.

I have seen both in person and they are nice pieces.

However, the Maul PF is the one that I have in my collection. I passed on the diorama.

:maul

I own the Maul and haven't see the dio personally, so my opinion is biased.

I just wished they chose a better scene for the dio. I mean, from all the characters to choose from...imagine ESB when Luke & Vader meet for the first time - now that would rock!

Thanks for your opinions guys, it's made my decision that little bit easier. The Maul PF is pretty awesome isn't it. I was mighty tempted by the Dio but I was reading (on this forum) that the artist didn't really like the finished product, or at least was unhappy with the position that Obi was in. With a comment like that, and the fact that ever time I close my eyes I see the PF, it kind of made my choice easier.

Darth Maul Premium Format ordered...... DONE!

I think the work on the actual characters in the diorama was quite well done. The thing that turned me off was how the lava was done--it looks too "cartoony" or Star Wars Unleashed-ish to me. I suppose that it's needed to give the proper context to the duel, but it just kept me from ordering this one. I imagine that most people would not share my feelings, but the lava just didn't work for me.

2202_press01-001.jpg

Thanks for your opinions guys, it's made my decision that little bit easier. The Maul PF is pretty awesome isn't it. I was mighty tempted by the Dio but I was reading (on this forum) that the artist didn't really like the finished product, or at least was unhappy with the position that Obi was in. With a comment like that, and the fact that ever time I close my eyes I see the PF, it kind of made my choice easier.

Darth Maul Premium Format ordered...... DONE!

I thought he just didn't like how it was positioned on the convention floor. Did he say he didn't like the finished piece?

Back