Obi Wan Portrait - Video

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admiral mick

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello there !

I made this video of my Obi Wan Kenobi drawing.
I tried to mimic the style of Drew Struzan paintings that I like sooo much !
Like it, share it, tell me what you think about it :)
thanks !

Gorgeous work, Mick!! You really got the wry smile of Sir Alec down there. I always wanted to know how Drew, Lawrence Noble and modern guys like Mark Ratts go about developing their works. You go with all pencil to start, then paint on the high lighted areas, then air brush then colored pencil? I know Ratts uses Copic pens in there too... Great stuff!!

thanks Flosi ! you are right : Mark Raats use markers and colored pencils, he use paint for the big projects but he doesn't use an airbrush. Drew struzan didn't use markers. I think Lawrence Noble used an airbrush but no colored pencil.
In facts : The "grisaille+glazing" method was used by oil painter during the last 400 years ;)

Ok Darth Snoopy, i am highly motivated !

Mick, do you know of any tutorials for these type of techniques? I draw a little myself and have anyways been curious as to how these folks go about their craft.

Wow that is amazing work! It's such a unique style, i love it. What medium did you use? Like kind of paint, airbrush, type of paper etc?

thank you Cadoga ;)
I use acrylic paint on gessoed board (light grey, not white) , I used an Aztek airbrush with a .4 mm nozzle . Then I use color pencils (primacolor)

I would say try your hand at Han and Chewie. I think it be amazing to see this style applied to them.

Back