Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly Cow !!! NEver thought that so many will go on for this !

Well, I didnt had much time this weekend. But I finished up all I had on my table and I will now focus on this here !! Big promise ! I will def. have an update by the end of the week :)

Hello all!

Have been watching this thread for days!! Have been waiting on getting my forum approval....just got it.

Please add me to the list, I definitely want one!

Holly Cow !!! NEver thought that so many will go on for this !

Thanks for the update, it's much appreciated. Yeah, there is a lot of interest in this custom. It could prove to be semi-lucrative for you, if you have the time, and it's not too much custom burnout to work on the same tiny item for so many collectors. Let us know how you feel about two runs, or anything else that comes up.

$20 for 30 hilts minus yours of course = $580
$20 for 30 additional hilts = another $600

Hmmmm... :monkey3

Yeah, it's an estimate. myc threw that number out a few pages back, but it's his discretion in the end.

Seen slynger post on rebelsum forum about a hilt being custom made..
I would like to join the list :)

Just curious bout the process.

Would you be making one master, then casting the rest from that, so really it's a matter of just hand painting each one?

Or are you going to build 30 individually all from scratch?

no, I will do one master and cast it. But please understand that you have to do also a casting process.. its not doing it by itself. after casting, you have to clean and sand it.. then it gets painted.

no, I will do one master and cast it. But please understand that you have to do also a casting process.. its not doing it by itself. after casting, you have to clean and sand it.. then it gets painted.

gotcha. seems like an arduous process. thanks for making this happen!

ok.. well I did some testing here and there and came up with a strategy how I can achieve a decent Obi Saber.

Below you will see a picture of a first try for me how to get there. I will need to pick up some different tools to refine what I wanna have at the end. But for you a rough look in what direction this is going ..I am aware the top of the saber is a bit off from the original.. I was just playing arround to get an idea about the process

... input is welcome :)

lightsaber_011_zpsfd511bc8.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you're off to a good start, myc. If money up-front for materials, tools, etc. is needed let us know. For my part, I'm happy to contribute to this project.

no money up front for now as long as I dont have the prototype done :)

I think it is a wonderful start.... I annot wait to see a finished product. I have always been curious to the process. It woudl be good for people like me who know nothing about the process to see it in all the phases.

I mean, it looks great for your first time through it and (as you put it) playing around with the process.... you make it look easier than it probably is... kudos to you!

I fully appreciate your efforts to spearhead this project.

BTW, I looked at your website in your signature... you have some talent. I really like the concept of the Thor on the throne! Really good stuff my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back