NYPD BLUE: Andy Sipowicz custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There really aren't too many NYPD BLUE customs out there and there really ought to be so I wanted to show my Andy custom off. Sipowicz is pretty much the only the-non sci-fi/horror custom I have. He doesn't fit in with anything I have in my collection so he very much an odd duck out amongst all of my Predators and Time Lords (laugh). I bought the head painted almost a decade ago now then padded out his body and suited him up. The gun came with him and the barrel flips out which is very cool. I have less room for things since I moved and all he does is sit in a box so I will prob put him up for sale in the market soon, (otherwise I would probably buy a flask for him too), but I wanted to take some pictures so I at least had some.

sip013.jpg

sip011.jpg

sip021.jpg

sip006.jpg

sip023.jpg

sip002.jpg

Last edited:
If I remember correctly wasn't this an Andgor project? If it's the one I'm thinking of it was endorsed by Dennis Franz and some of the proceeds went to a 9/11 charity collection. Had you posted this any other time I would be beating my brains out trying to remember where it came from. Since the anniversary was yesterday it immediatly clicked.

If I remember correctly wasn't this an Andgor project? If it's the one I'm thinking of it was endorsed by Dennis Franz and some of the proceeds went to a 9/11 charity collection. Had you posted this any other time I would be beating my brains out trying to remember where it came from. Since the anniversary was yesterday it immediatly clicked.

Hey, cool! Didn't know. I had bought him off of E-Bay at the time, (first custom I had ever bought) and the gent who sold him to me said he was the sculptor (and wanted to buy him back from me a few months later). He mentioned he had made one for Dennis previously.

I'm always sad when I see an Andgor piece since they had really great looking sculpts. Few things from 10 years ago hold up as well as this :lecture

And great looking figure btw :duff

Hey, cool! Didn't know. I had bought him off of E-Bay at the time, (first custom I had ever bought) and the gent who sold him to me said he was the sculptor (and wanted to buy him back from me a few months later). He mentioned he had made one for Dennis previously.

If a guy told you he sculpted this he was either lying or this wasn't the Andgor head. The Andgor Dennis Franz was sculpted by Joy Snyder, who did about 99% of all the sculpts Andgor produced. Her husband told me there were more than a few occasions where someone commissioned a sculpt from Andgor and then later claimed it was thier work. The one that sticks out in my mind was a Hitler figure produced by Drastic Plastic. The guy who commissioned the head sold it to them and claimed credit as the sculptor. Andgor #$# the bed with thier poor business model (none of which was the Snyder's fault), but they did a great deal to spread the word about custom 1/6th. Several custom figures in Toyfare magazine lead to a contest for a custom figure in either FHM or Maxium magazine. The Toyfare stuff also landed Andgor the gig of providing 1/9th scale custom heads for Robot Chicken, a job the Snyders are still working on after 5 seasons. Knowing all this is why it still surprises me how little attention is paid to the work currently being offerd on this board by Snyder-man. As good as Joy's sculpting was in the Andgor days it is even better now. They don't brag about what they have done, they just keep doing it. Sorry to derail the thread, just wanted to share some history I learned from the source.

Back