NYCC 2014 - Oct. 9-12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woah.. I'm looking a nice place to stay at Manhattan and almost everything is booked! This isn't my frist time at NY, but yes the first time that almost everything good looks take it! Hahaha.

Between today and tomorrow will be done, but man.. I never saw so many places booked at airbnb =P

Looking REALLY forward to this! It will be my first con with my girlfriend at the US, and we love NY, so this is an EPIC WIN! We already got some online tickets for Avengers STATION! And the idea to meet Stan Lee is just a complete blast!!!

Yeah I booked my hotel the day they went up. Could not take the chance.

Avenger Station huh, I may have to look into that.

I know.. I usually plans all my trips with time.. My original idea was to go to the nycc next year.. but here in Argentina is a little bit complicated to plan with that time right now, the us dollar is higher every week, and past week I got a really REALLY good offer with the planes tickets so I couldn't resist! I took them right away and now I'm dealing to get a place for a good price. I now NY is expensive, but now is even more haha. I even paid $230 for a 4 days pass, but.. man!! Is the NYCC and this year the SDCC was awesome, so I expect something similar with the NYCC... I cross my fingers for the Avengers AOU trailer =X

The Avengers station rocks! Take a look https://stationexhibit.com/

Well SDCC and NYCC are different animals.

SDCC is very Hollywood driven. Being so close to it, all the studios support SDCC.

NYCC does not get that kind of love yet. But don't sell it short.

Yes, I know... but NYCC has grown so much! I follow both cons when they are "live" and I think both are great. It's a shame Mattel won't be at NY this year, but there a lot of companies to see. Do you know if Sideshow will be there? Sorry for the noob questions... but it seems you go very often!

Yes, I know... but NYCC has grown so much! I follow both cons when they are "live" and I think both are great. It's a shame Mattel won't be at NY this year, but there a lot of companies to see. Do you know if Sideshow will be there? Sorry for the noob questions... but it seems you go very often!

I'm surprised at Mattel.

Sideshow never comes to NY. :(

Yes... I know, but hope is the last thing to lose (?) I was keeping my finger crossed to be this their first year hahaha

Also, searching a little bit, I see that the mayor panels or celebrities are confirmed some weeks near the con, right?

Is it me or does the NYCC website come off underwhelming. Blank ads, no exhibitor list (?), smaller guest list, ECT.

I agree.. It doesn't give too much.
I'm really looking forward for some tv panels, such as the strain or agents of shield, or more info about other activities, but the site don't say a thing =/

I think that the site will come with more info closer to the date.

I'm sure they'll start announcing some bigger guests as we get closer. If we go by the last time the Avengers came out in theaters, we should hopefully be getting an Avengers panel since there was one at NYCC 2011 I believe. And there will definitely be a bunch of Walking Dead guests along with a big panel since that's one of the main draws every year. They've been announcing a lot of comic guests so it seems like they've been holding back the entertainment guests for closer to the actual event.

I really hope to see the Avengers AOU trailer at least! The first thing I gonna do is going direct to the marvel stand and tell them that I'm from Argentina and I'm here to watch that, cause no one leaked the trailer from the SDCC! haha.

Current Guest List of notable Stars appearing:

Giancarlo Esposito
Billy Zabka
Jonny Lee Miller
Karl Urban
Kristian Nairn
Lucy Liu
Martin Kove
Michael Shannon
Natalia Teena
Nestor Carbonal
Nichoals Hault
William Shatner
Ralph Macchio

Love it!! ZOD! Dredd/Bones! KIRK!!

Thanks for the update, Jim! Do you know if the only way I can see them is at the panels or if I'm lucky get a picture with them?

I know that Karl and William have a booth, but Shanon only at panels.. u.u

Last edited:
Clare Grant just confirmed although not on the list:

I'll be on the Voltron panel and the Robot Chicken panel! And probably the Robot Chicken signing.

So that means Seth Green will be there along with some more.

Back