Now it's ALL Star Wars!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubs&Doggers

Super Freak
Reaction score
When I first got into this hobby of collecting 1:6 scale figures it was a few years ago. I always would check out the sideshow SW releases but felt that they just looked to toyish for me and at the time over priced at $100 (or less). Then came the hottoys - MMS117: Terminator 2 and the game changed for 1 I couldn't believe I was spending $150? for a figure but it blew me away and thanks to HT artwork in this world I Started collecting everything they put out that I could afford. But SW being my first and only real love, still hadn't caught up impo (and probably many others). I even tried to get out of collecting because let's face it... It's kind of crazy the money you can spend. I sold off most of my collection narrowing it down to a select few (personal favs, Indiana jones, Bruce lee and what I thought was goin to be their one SW figure Skywalker)

They SS up'd their game and HT announced they acquired the Star Wars license. Now they only place I come daly is here to see the cool pics and try my best not to distroy my marriage. But just when I thought I was out.. They pulled me back in!

These 1/6 figures can be nit picked to death but at the end of the day.. Come Tuesday.. I will have both Han & Chewie displayed with pride in my living room! Thank you HT & Sideshow for pushing each other to bring us the best 1/6 figures!!

Good times to be a SW fan indeed. :yess:

What's ur 1:6 SW story?

Last edited:
My story is.... my brother raised me on Original Trilogy as a kid (Wasn't old enough for original releases), but I was around for the re-releases in theaters. I started collecting POTF2 when they started remaking figures... when the new "prequels" came out I thought they were neat... but I never felt it was real STAR WARS. It was always kinda like.. ehhh. I think all the CGI some how ruined it for me, I was dazzled but not captivated. Did you know not a single person wore armor in the Attack of the clones? The lack of puppetry and hand crafted creatures and vehicles just made it feel like something completely different. I guess for me it's always been like how probably some of you feel those ewok spin off movies are. Yeah they exist, but is it REALLY Star Wars? Yeah but not really. Anyways I collected all the OT figures never bought any prequel figures and I just tried to stay true. When the Vintage Collection came out I sold basically everything except my Tydirium shuttle as the quality of figures obviously changed dramatically. I started recollecting only Imperial troops, and all scum and villainy, ie mandalorians, skiff guards, jabba's palace etc and then I decided to cave and I did all rebel pilots and also all astromechs. Being able to focus my collection on specific things made it more enjoyable. Then I caved and bought all the Sideshow 1/6 Sandtroopers when they came out. I didn't grab the Dewback which I am still depressed about haha. These guys sat in their boxes as just something cool that I would take out and look at but never display. I was always watching sideshow... but not actively buying the figures until Boba came out. And then Boba Prototype. And well... I've always loved the bad guys... and eventually I BECAME BOBA FETT. Haha. I cosplay the bounty hunter under my own moniker "JC Fett". I have a bad ass time at conventions meeting other fans and cosplayers etc. so that was the beginning of it all. I bought 5 detolfs with my wife's permission and begin stacking the shelves. Again.. only original Trilogy. I also grabbed the Mythos Fett which still blows me away every single day. I had to double back to grab Jabba and the throne, Leia Boush, Bibs, Han in Carb, two Gamorrean guards etc, but I was able to get pretty sweet deals. I'm desperately awaiting Zuckuss, 4-Lom and Dengar, what's taking so long!!! I guess that's something you hear pretty much every day on these forums lol. I'm at the point now where I only hold onto my 3.75 figures because of the novelty... because we all started playing with our brother's vintage figures or gi joes or what have you, so it's a very nostalgic collection for me even though they are updated and much more articulated than what we are used to. I didn't grow up with 12" doll/figures so the realm is new to me... and considering how amazing they look I almost feel like I just want to sell off my 3.75 figures being as guilty as I am for all the money I've spent and am spending in 1/6. I just don't know if it makes sense to have such a massive collection, especially when a lot of folks like me and maybe like you aren't even able to display it all. I may bite this bullet and sell off the smaller scale stuff. 1/6 is where my heart is now, but often my heart changes so take that with a pinch of salt. But when I flick on the lights in my office room and those 5 detolfs light up... it's like looking at a museum collection when in comparsion to the 3.75 which looks like a kid's collection.

Just my thoughts and background as a SW fan and collector :)

My story is.... my brother raised me on Original Trilogy as a kid (Wasn't old enough for original releases), but I was around for the re-releases in theaters. I started collecting POTF2 when they started remaking figures... when the new "prequels" came out I thought they were neat... but I never felt it was real STAR WARS. It was always kinda like.. ehhh. I think all the CGI some how ruined it for me, I was dazzled but not captivated. Did you know not a single person wore armor in the Attack of the clones? The lack of puppetry and hand crafted creatures and vehicles just made it feel like something completely different. I guess for me it's always been like how probably some of you feel those ewok spin off movies are. Yeah they exist, but is it REALLY Star Wars? Yeah but not really. Anyways I collected all the OT figures never bought any prequel figures and I just tried to stay true. When the Vintage Collection came out I sold basically everything except my Tydirium shuttle as the quality of figures obviously changed dramatically. I started recollecting only Imperial troops, and all scum and villainy, ie mandalorians, skiff guards, jabba's palace etc and then I decided to cave and I did all rebel pilots and also all astromechs. Being able to focus my collection on specific things made it more enjoyable. Then I caved and bought all the Sideshow 1/6 Sandtroopers when they came out. I didn't grab the Dewback which I am still depressed about haha. These guys sat in their boxes as just something cool that I would take out and look at but never display. I was always watching sideshow... but not actively buying the figures until Boba came out. And then Boba Prototype. And well... I've always loved the bad guys... and eventually I BECAME BOBA FETT. Haha. I cosplay the bounty hunter under my own moniker "JC Fett". I have a bad ass time at conventions meeting other fans and cosplayers etc. so that was the beginning of it all. I bought 5 detolfs with my wife's permission and begin stacking the shelves. Again.. only original Trilogy. I also grabbed the Mythos Fett which still blows me away every single day. I had to double back to grab Jabba and the throne, Leia Boush, Bibs, Han in Carb, two Gamorrean guards etc, but I was able to get pretty sweet deals. I'm desperately awaiting Zuckuss, 4-Lom and Dengar, what's taking so long!!! I guess that's something you hear pretty much every day on these forums lol. I'm at the point now where I only hold onto my 3.75 figures because of the novelty... because we all started playing with our brother's vintage figures or gi joes or what have you, so it's a very nostalgic collection for me even though they are updated and much more articulated than what we are used to. I didn't grow up with 12" doll/figures so the realm is new to me... and considering how amazing they look I almost feel like I just want to sell off my 3.75 figures being as guilty as I am for all the money I've spent and am spending in 1/6. I just don't know if it makes sense to have such a massive collection, especially when a lot of folks like me and maybe like you aren't even able to display it all. I may bite this bullet and sell off the smaller scale stuff. 1/6 is where my heart is now, but often my heart changes so take that with a pinch of salt. But when I flick on the lights in my office room and those 5 detolfs light up... it's like looking at a museum collection when in comparsion to the 3.75 which looks like a kid's collection.

Just my thoughts and background as a SW fan and collector :)

Thanks for sharing man! I'm pretty sure I've seen u on Instagram as well. I can relate to pretty much everything u said. Myself I saw all 3 original films in the theater (3 when SW came out) so SW runs deep in my blood. It's very hard not to go overboard with all these new 1:6 figures coming our way. Personally the hardest for me is NOT buying the tauntaun and hoth Luke (or Han). I almost wish BBTS would either sell out or raise the price dramatically to help ease the pain of not purchasing. The horror.. the horror...

Mine story is kinda interesting.

As a kid Star Wars intrigued me but I never really got into it, I was way more into Batman. Star Wars started to spark my interest when I was much older, specifically when Family Guy made their version of the movies, something just clicked, they were funny and interesting. I watched their versions many times and then I watched the real movies.

I was already building my Hot Toys collection. The 2 pack Storm troopers went on sale and got them for nostalgia reasons. Then pre-ordered Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Han Solo .. haven't decided on Boba Fett since he was kind of a ***** in the original trilogy.

And the rest is history.

Thanks for sharing man! I'm pretty sure I've seen u on Instagram as well. I can relate to pretty much everything u said. Myself I saw all 3 original films in the theater (3 when SW came out) so SW runs deep in my blood. It's very hard not to go overboard with all these new 1:6 figures coming our way. Personally the hardest for me is NOT buying the tauntaun and hoth Luke (or Han). I almost wish BBTS would either sell out or raise the price dramatically to help ease the pain of not purchasing. The horror.. the horror...
I feel your pain! The worse is doing what I did with the Dewback... and saying welp, no way am I ever going to spend $360 on this creature for my sandtroopers... years later realizing I will never get the opportunity to buy one for less than $600 crushes me! It's a ticking time bomb. Either you fork the money out and buy it now or forever hold your peace. I'm at the point now.. that if I know I absolutely care about something I will buy it first to secure it, and then later decide if I will resell or if it holds a place in my display. I'm still holding on to my Luke & Han in Stormtrooper disguise that I bought for $400 waiting for the Han to come out so I can replace them with the HT versions. The flipside now being if I try to sell them now.. after they have been replaced for better versions, I'll be lucky if I get half of what I paid! The pendulum swings both ways my brother. :gah:

*looks at my home made taco salad for lunch on my desk* sometimes sacrifices must be made. haha. That's kinda why I'm thinking of selling off my 3.75 collection. I could definitely get a nice chunk of change if I did. These two collections don't display together and while 3.75 is where it all started for me.... and I still enjoy and love it... I just don't know if it makes sense to have both. Knowing me I'll sell 3.75 and then later hate myself for it. -_-

I feel your pain! The worse is doing what I did with the Dewback... and saying welp, no way am I ever going to spend $360 on this creature for my sandtroopers... years later realizing I will never get the opportunity to buy one for less than $600 crushes me! It's a ticking time bomb. Either you fork the money out and buy it now or forever hold your peace. I'm at the point now.. that if I know I absolutely care about something I will buy it first to secure it, and then later decide if I will resell or if it holds a place in my display. I'm still holding on to my Luke & Han in Stormtrooper disguise that I bought for $400 waiting for the Han to come out so I can replace them with the HT versions. The flipside now being if I try to sell them now.. after they have been replaced for better versions, I'll be lucky if I get half of what I paid! The pendulum swings both ways my brother. :gah:

All makes $ and cents. Problem is finding the space to display without it becoming an obvious obsession. trying to be selective and keep everything to one display cabinet. Ya good luck with that huh?!

It all started when somebody posted the very first Darth Vader Sideshow figure on the Spawn boards and I immediately fell in love. It was such a big jump going from $10 Hasbro SW figures to Sideshow 1/6th prices but looking back, that $110 I spent on Vader was a steal :lol

Part of me is curious about going into that original ANH Vader on these boards and trying to find the pic that changed my (collecting) life. It shouldn't be too hard too since I can just search that thread around my join date on this site :lol

*looks at my home made taco salad for lunch on my desk* sometimes sacrifices must be made. haha. That's kinda why I'm thinking of selling off my 3.75 collection. I could definitely get a nice chunk of change if I did. These two collections don't display together and while 3.75 is where it all started for me.... and I still enjoy and love it... I just don't know if it makes sense to have both. Knowing me I'll sell 3.75 and then later hate myself for it. -_-

Don't sell it off! There are so many great, unique figures in 3.75 scale, the Gamorrean Guard is beautiful and the likes of Emphant Mon will never see 1/6 scale. For me Star Wars is my main love. I have a few Gerry Anderson models from Thunderbirds/Captain Scarlet etc and a couple of Transformers, but my collection is 99% Star Wars. I now only buy 1/6 due to the Black Series not grabbing me. I have been buying them for 18 months and have acquired quite a few. I would imagine a constant stream of films from now on will mean I cut back on my completist ways, though that will be tough! Sadly I do not own a house big enough or have a wallet deep enough to keep up!

Nice @jaypesoz It was definitely Fett that sunk me deep into 1/6. Collecting will never be the same for me :(

@Darth toffeeman ughhh see I sunk into the OT characters of black series also. I'm all over the place. Maybe I'll just get rid of black series and see how I feel after that haha

I grew up with SW OT in a hard time when Romania was under Communist and Soviet rule (70's and 80's). I watched ANH and ESB on cinema, but ROTJ had to watch on a friend's VHS player since Ceausescu (the Communist leader/president) didn't allow it to run on cinemas (you wonder why LOL). Before 1990 there were hard times in this part of the world, and Star Wars was like a light tower of freedom for people here, especially for children who watched it. Of course there were no SW toys to be found in the Eastern Block, but even so I considered SW an inspiration, a way to make people forget about their everyday problems.

I remember one day coming from school with two friends (I was about 9-10 back then if remember correctly), and we've seen a new BMW car parked near the school. Since it was a different car that the ones we were used seeing every day we got near it and looked inside. On one of the doors there was a bumper sticker with Vader fighting with Luke with their lightsabers, we stood there for half an hour looking at it and remembering scenes from the movie. The car was still there for about 3 weeks - seems it was a German from Western Germany (the non-Communist Germany, from across the Wall) who came in visit to a house in our city...

SW had that kind of magic that helped you survive in the tough world and learn that there could be something better out there. PT will never have that soul the OT had. As many of you know my collecting focus is OT Imperials and troopers, and the very few PT stuff I had I sold/traded/donated long ago. I mostly collect props, helmets, figures and statues, but only from OT.

Nice @jaypesoz It was definitely Fett that sunk me deep into 1/6. Collecting will never be the same for me :(

Me neither. And I can completely relate to your story too. I remember I was all in for Ep, I, sort of like I am with TFA, and I was just so underwhelmed by it that it literally took the sails out of my wings. While I bought every figure for Ep. I, I only bought the preview Jango fig for Ep. II and I completely passed on everything ROTS. I did see both films on opening day, but there was still a big 'connection" that I was missing with the franchise.

It wasn't until the Sideshow Vader in 2008 that rekindled my love for this franchise and this time, the franchise seems to be in the "right" hands that I don't see a deja vu of 1999. Plus, there will be a new generation of fans in my family:D

11350869_984954771535625_245467049_n.jpg

11910146_1012131675497891_1780370303_n.jpg

there will be a new generation of fans in my family:D

awww congrats on the baby!!! she'll make a fine princess :)

Yeah I gotta say, there's no way JJ's version will fall short like the PT. He has his heart and soul in it like we do which I think is important. He's doing the right things. Putting real people in armor. Building real creatures with amazing designers and artists the way it used to be before everything was computerized. Shooting on actual locations instead of everything CGI and Greenscreen. It's good to have these FX but as supporting not leading elements in a scene. I think that's a fundamental part of the OT that makes it work, aside from the amazing story, is that you could immerse because it looked and felt real. JJ is going to bring us what we always wanted, a return to something familiar that we all love. It may not be perfect but I bet you it's going to be the best it could be for a real return to Star Wars. Having original characters in it should also help. It's going to be great, trust me.. I have a good feeling about this. lol

Pick one 3.75 figure that you like better than all the others.. get it in the new Gentle Giant Jumbo size.. sell the 3.75 collection.. Profit!

awww congrats on the baby!!! she'll make a fine princess :)

Yeah I gotta say, there's no way JJ's version will fall short like the PT. He has his heart and soul in it like we do which I think is important. He's doing the right things. Putting real people in armor. Building real creatures with amazing designers and artists the way it used to be before everything was computerized. Shooting on actual locations instead of everything CGI and Greenscreen. It's good to have these FX but as supporting not leading elements in a scene. I think that's a fundamental part of the OT that makes it work, aside from the amazing story, is that you could immerse because it looked and felt real. JJ is going to bring us what we always wanted, a return to something familiar that we all love. It may not be perfect but I bet you it's going to be the best it could be for a real return to Star Wars. Having original characters in it should also help. It's going to be great, trust me.. I have a good feeling about this. lol

Ur totally on point! I also believe that SW really allowed our dreams and imagination to flourish and when the prequels were announce we all had our vision on where it should go. Open to GL take but ultimately so disappointed in the direction he wanted to go. Because of this, speaking for myself.. I am willing to go anywhere JJ takes us so long as it's not just an amusement park ride but a real story taking place in what seems to be a tangible world. The magic and inspiration that was so beautifully alluded to in an earlier post is nearly impossible to duplicate but it can be created when real questions are asked by the story teller himself. JJ shows all signs that he and lucasfilm are doing just this. The trailers alone don't tell us anything and yet give us everything. PM trailer was awesome as well so once bitten... But again all signs point to :clap

I'd say figures crossed but I really think something special is coming our way Dec 17th starting at 7pm. Different story in a familiar setting. It will be the best early X-mass present to myself in a long time for sure.

Lastly when the PT came out I couldn't get enough info on them. Read
pretty much evey spoiler, every detail.. I was all over Theforce.net!! Now.. I'm finding it so easy (well maybe not to easy) and comforting not doing this at all. I've experieced evey trailer (except for the first) without knowing anything about them before watching them. I have heard rumbling with regards to people's thoughts on what takes place and even have my own ideas about the fate of our beloved heros in this new trilogy but I've stayed as pure as one can in this modern day of overstimulation on everything!

So Ya the magic is coming back and it has a lot to do with how we approach these films as well. Plus these new HT figures do hurt either! Can't wait for Tuesday as han & Chewie arrive !:yess:

Back