"Now for high altitude jumps you're gonna need oxygen and stabilizers" - TDK Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Now for high altitude jumps you're gonna need oxygen and stabilizers" - TDK Dior

Can't wait to see this complete, awaiting the next updates. Great work thus far. :clap :yess:

Re: "Now for high altitude jumps you're gonna need oxygen and stabilizers" - TDK Dior

Just need to paint it up, and add the window details

Lights on
D4FD9624-2225-4AFF-8526-D772CECEBCA9-2516-0000023274E488EF.jpg

Lights off
B3927C1B-ADA7-49F3-B654-E3321A4EEF8B-2516-0000023286E99DEE.jpg

Switch
30BE2C04-49DC-4BD8-94A2-2F18843087AE-2516-000002329E9CD29F.jpg

Last edited:

Those lights are pretty damn impressive. Good job.

Really shaping up great

Oh and umm what's your address

I think I need to plan a raid :lol

nice!! how are you going to do the glass panels? At one point when I was brainstorming it.. I was thinking of using black acrylic

nice!! how are you going to do the glass panels? At one point when I was brainstorming it.. I was thinking of using black acrylic

I was thinking of acrylic (found from dollar store picture frames) or glass (dollar store as well) and spraying a clear blue paint over it.

I was thinking of acrylic (found from dollar store picture frames) or glass (dollar store as well) and spraying a clear blue paint over it.

Another route you could go is putting a blue gel over your lights and leaving the panels white...Although that would mean keeping the lights on all the time :wink1:

Just thinking while looking at the photos that the panels of that building are actually white and the blue is a result of the lights and the overall TDK blue filter....

Another route you could go is putting a blue gel over your lights and leaving the panels white...Although that would mean keeping the lights on all the time :wink1:

Just thinking while looking at the photos that the panels of that building are actually white and the blue is a result of the lights and the overall TDK blue filter....

hmm, that is a good idea.

It's kinda hard to find a good reference shot,

but I have this one in natural light

batmanhongkong.jpg

and the building wall looks silver/grey and the glass looks green/blue

Yeah, I guess at the end of the day, the best thing to do is create the dio so that it looks the most like the scene in the most conditions possible (lights off/on, day/night, etc.)

Some experimentation is in order...:lol

man, that looks so good. cant wait to see how it looks like with the paint!!

Did Bale actually jump off the building?

Did Bale actually jump off the building?

No, they had a stunt guy do an actual jump though on a set, but get this - he wasn't in the batsuit (I suppose the suit was not suitable for that kind of stunt), so the actual stuntman jump was basically used as the base to CGI over the Batsuit. :yess::clap

But yeah Bale did step onto the ledge as you see there, and he also went on to the edge on top of Sears tower in full suit as can be seen here:

sears_tower.jpg

bigstock_Sears_Tower_And_Chicago_5763936.jpg

Madness

not sure if you can better images but that building is called IFC in Hong Kong
I actually know someone working in that building but doubt they have access to the upper exterior :p

Last edited:

But yeah Bale did step onto the ledge as you see there, and he also went on to the edge on top of Sears tower in full suit as can be seen here:

sears_tower.jpg

Madness

:horror:panic: would love to see some set photography of that Sears Tower scene, different angles and how they rigged him up for safety...

No, they had a stunt guy do an actual jump though on a set, but get this - he wasn't in the batsuit (I suppose the suit was not suitable for that kind of stunt), so the actual stuntman jump was basically used as the base to CGI over the Batsuit. :yess::clap

sears_tower.jpg

Madness

If I remember correctly, I thought it had something to do with the Chinese government not allowing them to do the stunt in Hong Kong, so they did what you said, and put him in HK with CG? I think that they did two stunts, though. The one where Buster actually jumped off of the building (to capture the natural movement of the glide), and then one in a green room with the Bat-suit on (to capture the fall).

if that's the case, it must be the reason why I can't find any pictures of the rooftop on google.

But there is one set picture with Bale and Nolan talking about the scene, so I should be able to get most of my reference from there.

Hey CTO15. :wave
Is there any update on this, it looks great so far? :dunno

Last edited:
Back