Nov 11th -- 1 Year Anniversary of SS SW line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the omission of ANH figures over this introductory year was rather odd too...but I did attribute that to the PF selection composed of all ANH characters (with the exception of Grevious & Fett...SE insertion notwithstanding) and Sideshow's pledge of not doing repeats of those characters (in those ANH duds) right away in the 1:6 format...

Still, some other ANH characters would be welcome...Tarkin, Wedge or Biggs, any cantina denizen, or some Rebel/Imperial Troopers to name a few...and I think an exception to that self-imposed rule of non-repetition could (and should) be granted to Vader. What better character to herald the 30th Anniversary of ANH than the embodiment of evil that as the years passed, became the central character of the entire saga!

Of course, we're all anxiously awaiting Sideshow's take on armored characters like the classic Stormtroopers...

As for the 30th Anniversary special packaging....I'm hoping that is reserved for exclusives or special releases heralding the anniversary itself...not something that replaces the fine packaging we're currently getting these figures in. Heck, I'd even settle for a "30th anniversary sticker with the presently availible boxes instead of something totally new. Sideshow isn't a standard brick-n-morter retailer that has to be concerned with pumping out something "fresh" for the retailer shelves each year (at least I hope not anyway). These stylized, handsome packages are already a great statement for the figures that doesn't require enhancement just yet...
We'll see...

KitFisto said:
It's been a great and fun year. Now give me PF Emperor and PF Chewie! Then give me 1/6 Shaak Ti and Aayla!!

Gimme PF Aayla and I'll buy

Interesting point about Aayla PF. She's not even a secondary character, was stripped of her only line in ROTS. So, why a PF of her? She has a definite fan following for obvious reasons, making her a notable choice, therefore she can sell.

We'll get a fair share of ANH figures I'm sure in 2007. I want some Stormies and Sandies plus I want some Ep3 Clones.

Amanaman said:
Interesting point about Aayla PF. She's not even a secondary character, was stripped of her only line in ROTS. So, why a PF of her? She has a definite fan following for obvious reasons, making her a notable choice, therefore she can sell.

Why? For the same reasons as I want the Ironman maquette - it looks so darn good. I don't know anything about EU SW, but that blue lady would sure make a beautiful PF

12" Vader would cap it nicely. Plus, I want a great 12" scaled one that isn't $300...

stshammgod said:
12" Vader would cap it nicely. Plus, I want a great 12" scaled one that isn't $300...

I agree what better way to Kick off the 30th anniv. than by Vader himself?

Is it possible that Asajj is the LAST figure that will be offered this year? One would think that they would offer ONE more figure....perhaps ANH teaser?

And Nov 14th will be my 1 year anniversary as a boardmember. I came here specificly because of the 1/6 SW line although now I can't seem to remember where I heard about Jedi Luke in the first place... oh well... I'm dang glad I found out in time.

Tonight's the night...

If they're gonna announce something special for the 1 year anniversary, it would be tonight with a podcast + newsletter coming.

Here's hoping for a big surprise.

fingerscrossed.gif

They HAVE to announce something tonight!! Maybe some big announcement
out of left field, like Jabba was!

I can hear the Imperial march in the background!! Here's to hoping.....

VADER! VADER!VADER! VADER!VADER! VADER!VADER! VADER!VADER! VADER!VADER! VADER!VADER! VADER!VADER! VADER!VADER! VADER!VADER! VADER!

or Boba!:D

Hey just a funny sidenote , a town over from where I live has a real estate office owned by the KURGAN family. How'd you like to buy a house from KURGAN!!!:lol :lol :lol :lol

The possibilities for tonight are:

PPO announcement for Asajj.

Reveal of new Alien from last week's preview.

Official preview of long-awaited Faramir.

That alone would be quite a few "announcements" and doesn't bear well for a Darth Vader sneak peek on top of all that. But I'm still hopeful. I hope Asajj isn't the only way we celebrate the 1 year.

Wor-Gar said:
The possibilities for tonight are:

PPO announcement for Asajj.

Reveal of new Alien from last week's preview.

Official preview of long-awaited Faramir.

Right down the line as expected -- well, not Faramir but close.

No Vader...:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I guess you could say we're celebrating the year anniversary with the new style of animated Flash preview especially for Asajj :) I think it's pretty sweet, myself!

Back