Nothing new the rest of the year?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PosterBoyKelly said:
OK, So we're not gonna see Maul until 07? I missed all this sorry for being late.

I missed it too. Just did the math the first quarter is gonna cost me around $750:horror

I guess the next three months can be spent saving up though.

All I got coming is Leia and Maul. I'm kinda glad for the delay cause in Nov I got the VCD Fett coming from SWS.com and in Dec. the Darth Vader GG Animated Maquette, so I can wait til Jan/Feb. But I feel for you out there with Jabba and his gang coming to YIKES!

Yeah, looks like only the Gentle Giant Darth Maul bust and Animated R2 and Leia for the rest of this year. Maybe time to fill some holes in the collection... :lol

Last edited:
Darth Loki said:
But how can delays cause people to not afford what's on order? If items were moving up, I could see this logic but it doesn't make any sense for a delay. I'm not saying I'm looking forward to dishing out the nearly $2000 of pre-orders in a few week stretch, but assuming something got pushed back I would've already had to pay for it. This will make holding on to the PF Gray Hulk a lot easier assuming it doesn't get delayed into 2007.

I don't mean delays in general but a delay like the one that the Star Wars line had that caused all the figures to stack up at once. I can afford to buy a $300 Boba Fett PF, but not if it ships the same time as the $300 Jabba set and 5 $50 12" figures. Whereas if they were coming out at the times initially planned, that's doable for me, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered. But if you have, for example, something planned to come out in march for $300, something in april for $300, fine. But if the first one gets delayed a month then you have two $300 items at once.

I'm not saying that'll happen in this particular instance, but they did let it happen with the Star Wars 12" line just a couple months ago, and they've made no public statements saying they'd try and avoid it in the future, so I can see it happening again.

It's simple, when you preorder the item, set the money aside for that order. Then it doesn't matter when it ships and what ships around it, you already have the $$$ saved.

EVILFACE said:
It's simple, when you preorder the item, set the money aside for that order. Then it doesn't matter when it ships and what ships around it, you already have the $$$ saved.

Now thats just crazy talk.

Well, I still have a few things coming from GG before the end of the year. The Rancor being the biggie.

EVILFACE said:
That's what I do :cool:

Chance favors the prepared mind.

:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5
I do for the same for the big items,and the flexplay helps too. The 12"ers are easier to take in groups. If needed it just means maybe not getting that bottle of scotch or something like that.

EVILFACE said:

Unless, of course, you're paying for what's being shipped right now and can't afford to set money aside in addition to that.

I don't see what the problem is in expecting things to be shipped when they're supposed to. Isn't that the point of giving dates in the first place?

Last edited:
I just realized I'm super happy things are pushed back. Most of the Q1 stuff tends to show up in March, just in time for my birthday. Also, I can start saving my cash for Comic Con because yes, I've already booked my flight, room and got my passes. Nothing wrong with planning in advance... way way in advance. :chew :chew

Alright...went through the thread and didn't see this so...here's my question...

Where was this all announced officially? A newsletter I missed?

I was really looking forward to Maul and the droids before the end of the year...

Just popped through my mail and got that....thanks for the heads-up.

Grrrr....no Maul till Jan! Oh, well....after the September flood of this year, it looks like another could be forecast for the first quarter...looks like the feast-or-famine approach is gonna be SOP around here after all...

Oh well...gives us a chance to REALLY enjoy what we've already got...again!

Back