NORNÄS Glass-Door Cabinet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm intrigued by this as well. Though you lose some height compared to a Detolf, the extra width might be nice for characters like the Falcon.

I'm moving into a larger space in August-I'm going to pick the large one on the pedestal up-need it for my Pursuit of the Ark statue and my Sucker Punch line-up

I like the top half but the legs are fugly, I assume they come with it? They don't even look like they go together.

I have this cabinet, like it alot. Will update with Pictures when I get home!

*edit*

Alright, here is the update!

First of all its a bit tricky to build. Atleast compared to other IKEA products. The legs are a real pain to assemble. I also had some problem with one door not staying closed all the way, hangs open very slightly but that will not be a problem after I put a lock on it. Still I think its good value for money, and it gets the bottom shelf of the ground unlike the Detolf.

I painted mine white, and left the legs gray. I happy with how it turned out, the white contrasting with the gray background makes for a nice display.

The bottom shelf is 13.9 inches high.
The middle shelf is 12.4 inches high.
The top shelf is 13.9 inches high.
And they are about 23.6 wide.

ed74ef607025ad7e2824d535c9baa80b.jpg

3adcf010e2df9730d1244c9f41bcc9a7.jpg
3eb6447e0e08fba9da96e9cd1dcc0b16.jpg
9354fddf59139385d3523d7f3889f609.jpg
72193fad8c2b17ac7488555862d631a7.jpg

Next step is to install a lock and lights.

Total white. Same problem at the door not staying closed. Now It needs lights and a dust seal at the door. I don't love it, but it works!

Attachments

• vet.jpg
    vet.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 563
Only have that problem on one door.

That single one also looks good. Plan A if the collection grows more than planned is to get another of these 2-door cabinets (its currently Approved by me GF). That one door cabinet is my plan B. Any idea what you will use for dust sealing?

I like their bookcase, but I'd want doors on it. How much weight would those glass shelves hold?

I have this cabinet, like it alot. Will update with Pictures when I get home!

*edit*

Alright, here is the update!

First of all its a bit tricky to build. Atleast compared to other IKEA products. The legs are a real pain to assemble. I also had some problem with one door not staying closed all the way, hangs open very slightly but that will not be a problem after I put a lock on it. Still I think its good value for money, and it gets the bottom shelf of the ground unlike the Detolf.

I painted mine white, and left the legs gray. I happy with how it turned out, the white contrasting with the gray background makes for a nice display.

The bottom shelf is 13.9 inches high.
The middle shelf is 12.4 inches high.
The top shelf is 13.9 inches high.
And they are about 23.6 wide.

ed74ef607025ad7e2824d535c9baa80b.jpg

3adcf010e2df9730d1244c9f41bcc9a7.jpg
3eb6447e0e08fba9da96e9cd1dcc0b16.jpg
9354fddf59139385d3523d7f3889f609.jpg
72193fad8c2b17ac7488555862d631a7.jpg

Next step is to install a lock and lights.

Awesome thread. Just what I was looking for. Your cabinet came out great. Good job. I was planning on putting a 1/3 scale statue in there that weighs about 25lbs. I would discard the glass shelves of course. Does it feel sturdy enough to hold a piece that heavy?

Awesome thread. Just what I was looking for. Your cabinet came out great. Good job. I was planning on putting a 1/3 scale statue in there that weighs about 25lbs. I would discard the glass shelves of course. Does it feel sturdy enough to hold a piece that heavy?

Make sure the statue fits in the cabinet depthwise before buying. I imagine a 1/3 scale statue has a pretty big footprint.

I would say so. It really quite stable, I haven't even anchored it to the wall. I'm very happy with it and the only reason I'm looking to replace it is that the shelves are to close together, HT Vader for example won't fit. If you remove the shelves you obviously won't have that problem.

Like egel said making sure the footprint fits would be the thing to look out for. The bottom shelf is about 23.8 " wide and 14.5 " deep.

I would say so. It really quite stable, I haven't even anchored it to the wall. I'm very happy with it and the only reason I'm looking to replace it is that the shelves are to close together, HT Vader for example won't fit. If you remove the shelves you obviously won't have that problem.

Like egel said making sure the footprint fits would be the thing to look out for. The bottom shelf is about 23.8 " wide and 14.5 " deep.

Thank you for the measurements. My 1/3 scale statue measure 28" H x 12" D x 12" W and weighs 25lbs. I'm sure it will fit. Now I'm just wondering what am I going to do with all that space above? I'm going to have like 12" of wasted space.

Thank you for the measurements. My 1/3 scale statue measure 28" H x 12" D x 12" W and weighs 25lbs. I'm sure it will fit. Now I'm just wondering what am I going to do with all that space above? I'm going to have like 12" of wasted space.

With a 28" inches high statue you should be able to keep the top shelf. It will fit most 1/6 scale figures if you collect in that scale. Only one that doesn't fit is Vader since he is abit taller.

Back