1/6 Noobie Sunlight Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronManConnoiseur

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know that direct sunlight should of course be avoided due to UV rays. I?m not going to be placing figures on the windowsill obviously, but my room has two windows on adjacent walls. Am I okay if I put them in a detolf in that room, as long as they aren?t under direct sunlight? Or should I avoid any brightly-lit (from ambient sunlight) room? Just want to know if figure damage only occurs from direct sunlight or not. I have light bulbs and blinds, just wondering if I could place them in ambient sunlight or if I should avoid windows all together and use only lights and blinds in that room most of the time. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, will look into it. But I?m trying to determine whether it will actually be an issue in the first place lol. Would like to know where other collectors put their collections, like in living rooms outside of direct sunlight but still illuminated by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunlight of any kind will eventually fade anything/everything. You could apply UV blackout film to the windows if it?s an option. I have a large basement office with a walkout door on one side of the room; even though there are two windows on that side (opposite of where my figures are mostly located), I still blacked out the windows with UV film and have heavy sunlight blocking shades over that ? aside from overhead lights and lamps, the room is pitch black.

Keeping your collectibles in a room lit by ambient-ish sun light shouldn't be a problem. Keep the blinds drawn and never fully open.

Mine are just in a room with the blinds drawn.

Its a bit like Tyler Durden's line that 'things you own, own you' to me. If you only keep your stuff in the dark I dont know how much enjoyment you can get.

Carded/boxed unopened i understand because you are probably more motivated by potential long term value and sunlight definitely will damage that stuff.

Open pieces though i just try to enjoy and realize they will someday fall apart and fade.

Back