Non-Movie Batman Collection: Which line to choose?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tahrial

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been collecting random stuff for almost two years now. I have a few DC collectibles figures, some Figmas, a few Play Arts Kais and a Kotobukiya Figurine. While my collection is mostly centred around Batman (Comic/Video Game versions) the whole thing feels kind of random. For that reason I want to limit myself to one maybe two lines in the future. By doing that I hope to have a more focused collection that looks more classy.

However while I know that I want to stick to the Batman theme I dont know which lines I should choose.

In my opinion I have two maybe three options for collecting high-end comic figures of batman:

1. Collect 1/6 scale figures: In that case I would get the SS Batman and maybe the Arkham City one by Hot Toys later this year and continue from there. Since the financial investment for this option is pretty high this would result in me getting one or two figures per year. However, Quality > Quanitity so that's not an issue. The only thing that holds me back here is that neither the SS nor the HT Batman is 100% perfect in my opinion. Furthermore I dont know how this line is going continue - Will HT make more Arkham Stuff? Will we get more Batman Stuff from SS?

2. Collect the 1/12 scale figures that mezco is going to release soon: Since the price point for the upcoming 1/12 figures is lower I could get more figures. Furthermore Mezco seems to base their figures directly on comic appearences which I prefer to the SS approach. In addition I think the smaller scale lends itself more to comic representations of comic characters. I am almost sure that Mezco is releasing more Batman Comic stuff in the future which is also good. However, since the whole line is quite ambitious we can not know how long it will continue. Furthermore I have no clue how these figures will be quality wise since there are no reviews yet. However the biggest issue is that is heavily inflated in the country I live. While I think 65$ seem a fair price for what Mezco is offering, I am not sure the asked price of 90$ in my country is worth a 6-inch figure.

So guys, maybe you have some input for me. Which route would you follow if you were only collecting non-movie versions of batman?

Thanks in advance,

T.

My favorite non-movie Batman line has been the DCD Arkham series. I've sprinkled in a couple of non-Arkham DCD figures that I liked better -- Riddler, for instance -- but it's mostly Arkham. It's a fairly complete line, including a substantial rogues gallery, with solid character interpretations. And, at $20 a piece, give or take, you can afford to get most of the villains.

If I were doing that, I might still get the HT Arkham Batman (and Joker, if it ever comes out) to compliment the DCD line.

SnakeDoc

Back