No SS armored Characters for the next few years?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah, who cares. I'd be happy if they just showed us some pics of the WIP Vader and announced which Movie it would be based on(Please be ANH, please be ANH...) .

Right now, Medicom is VERY close to converting me and some others here. Sure, their price may kill a horse, but in that end, it all works out well in the end. I still hate their OT Vader, though....

Have to say that this is a bit of a kick in the goolies for me as far as SSC is concerned. I had never been into 12" figures until SS took up the liscence and got me hooked. They have produced some awesome figures, and after some initial flaws, particularly Han and Anakin, the level of figures has been superb, especially, Jinn, Kenobi and Maul. However, things seem to have fallen away lately. Since SDCC we have had the Endor troops, Plo Koon, Ventress and Budo. Hardly earth shattering, but there was always the thought of the 30th anniversary coming up with Vader and a stormie a distinct possibility. Now to be told that they may be upto 2 years away is not good news, especially at a time when Medicom has just produced the mother of all Boba Fetts.
I dont want people to think this is a childish moan because they havent made what I want. I just feel that they need to produce some iconic characters - Vader, Stormie, droid or chewie. However, these cannot be made by simply putting a good headsculpt onto a poor body and covering it with a cloak, and unfortunatley SS have yet to prove that they can make anything that doesnt fit with this format unless its a statue. I'm with SS all they way and think that they have done wonders for 12" star wars collectors, but it will only take a few more Budos to break this collector's back.

Sadly, I am slowly starting to fall into that way of thinking as well. I did order Ventress and Bubo but the troopers, Plo and the chess set are pretty blah for me. I really do hope we get some major characters very soon. I need my fix.

I am pretty sure that we are getting vader this yearguys! I mean how can we have 30 years of Star Wars without vader. As far as stormtroopers and othered armoured figures are concerned, I would rather get a 1/6 scout trooper to go with all the ROTJ related figures and the Endor soldiers. I can hold out for Stormies for another year or so. The scout troppers are my personal favorites from the Saga.

I am not surprised... SST and Medicom are on the same page and each are filling a certain niche. Perhaps this is the reason they are "in bed" together... eliminates the competition. Admittedly, if Medicom's product was a little taller we wouldn't be complaining... but we wouldn't have anything to expect SST to improve upon either.

I just hope we get some solid PF's in the meantime. I'm passing on Maul, but we need Palpatine.

The only good news from this announcement is that SSC is likely to continue the star wars license for another couple of years. If SSC weren't selling medicom figures, you bet they would make them right now. Anyway, I can wait. I like the quality of medicom figures, but their price point and 11.5" undersize will mean another couple of years until the key characters are filled in.

kierbaudy said:
The only good news from this announcement is that SSC is likely to continue the star wars license for another couple of years. If SSC weren't selling medicom figures, you bet they would make them right now. Anyway, I can wait. I like the quality of medicom figures, but their price point and 11.5" undersize will mean another couple of years until the key characters are filled in.

11.8:D :cool:

I'll never understand the whole pissiness about Medicom. They are a fine company, yes they are imports and cost more but that's about the only bad thing you can say about them. I think you have to own an actual Medicom product to really appreciate the quality and appeal (anything from Kubricks to RAH.) Seems like whenever people see something cost more than what they find reasonable things tend to get nasty. I mean the whole scale issue is absurd, it's all about the metric system (which most of the world uses) vs. the US standard of measurement. I mean they are the equivalent of each other. If Medicom sucks so bad then how come Fett took like no time to sell out?

DekeStarkiller said:
I think you have to own an actual Medicom product to really appreciate the quality and appeal (anything from Kubricks to RAH.)

Fett will be my first Medicom 12" figure, but I really enjoy the VCD line, even though I was skeptical when they were first announced.

But as for their Kubrick lines, I was looking at the Willy Wonka stuff--what the heck is this, where was it featured in the movie, and why does it cost $42.50?!?

productDetail.png

I havent seen the movie nor do I own any of those, but they are called "bearbricks". similar to kubricks except they are all that same bear design with differnt patterns and themes to them.

nash said:
I havent seen the movie nor do I own any of those, but they are called "bearbricks". similar to kubricks except they are all that same bear design with differnt patterns and themes to them.

Thanks! Just googled them and was surprised to see so many.

They just got a little cooler in my mind:

bearbeck1.jpg

Nothing signed by Beck can be totally lame.

Yeah they are quite the little dealios to some.(I like the Superman returns ones)

Beck wow thats neat.

if people find kubricks hard to keep up with, good luck with these bearbricks haha.

some of these bearbricks and kubricks go up for more then RAH's...

(e.i) the Chase figure you get in a case... if you bought a whole case of kubrics and lucky enough to find a good chase figure, you can make quite a bit of cash...

like the 6 arm doppleganger from the Marvel kubricks.. or symbiote ham..

lol Tom you know that's calling your name...

"Tom.....buy me!....must...have....all.....Fetts!!"

:rotfl

I'd love to get a 400% fett or a 400% vader.(400% luke and han are nice to)

Back