No one told me to keep the box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The box is important if he ever decides to sell it, I know I would be weary about buying any IM statue, especially with all the Fake IM statues, if there were no box.

The box is important if he ever decides to sell it, I know I would be weary about buying any IM statue, especially with all the Fake IM statues, if there were no box.

Never sell it, problem solved.

That's easy to say but you never know what the future holds, you might have no choice in the matter.

That's easy to say but you never know what the future holds, you might have no choice in the matter.

Shrug. He can just mark it down as a $299 expenditure for 6 months or 6 years, whatever it may be, for something he enjoyed...like most people do with purchases they make. An original box isn't making anyone's PS2 still worth $249 7 years later.

Edit: Anyway, I wonder if SSC would be willing to send some sort of certificate instead of the box for you to keep to verify its authenticity?

Last edited:
Admittedly I threw out the box with the assumption I'd get a new one with the current ES, that's what happed when I got my replacement Thing EX from Sideshow. Not a big problem, but the boxes are pretty cool, especially the SIM one.

SSC is claimimg that they had new boxes, but they were stolen. They say they couldn't make more becuse the boxes are limited, but that sounds like a cop out to me. How difficult is it to print some more boxes up? :huh

This whole SIM thing has just been one fiasco after another.

dude those boxes arent cheap by any means....

I keep all my boxes in case I ever have to sell them which hopefully I wont, but its just that if you had the choice between buying one with the original box and one with a white one, which one would you buy? Thanks to those people calling me a moron, Ill take it with a pinch of salt, but hey if we want to start name calling thats up to you, the reason I posted was to see if anyone else had had a similar experience maybe people will learn from this I know I have in more ways than one:banghead

Well, what have we learned from this? It is possible that Sideshow sends your replacement out in a plain white box, if they manage to give you the same edition number.
My SIM replacement arrived today in a white box. The new and, "mint" SIM I might add, has the same Edition number as my previous one, so I can still use the original box - which I've kept of course.
Maverick, I feel sorry that you're stuck with a plain white box. But I feel more sorry for the fact that you did get so little understanding here, from fellow collectors.

Well, what have we learned from this? It is possible that Sideshow sends your replacement out in a plain white box, if they manage to give you the same edition number.
My SIM replacement arrived today in a white box. The new and, "mint" SIM I might add, has the same Edition number as my previous one, so I can still use the original box.
Maverick, I feel sorry that you're stuck with a plain white box. But I feel more sorry for the fact that you did get so little understanding here, from fellow collectors.

I don't think it is a lack of understanding, it is just that most of us wouldn't toss something we didn't have to send back to Sideshow, at least until we knew for sure it needed to be tossed.

Back