No new 1/6ssss?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The two new 12 inch license announcements intrigue me and give me a little something to look forward to.

"This being said, there are many more 12-inch figures coming from Sideshow in 2007, along with a couple new 12-inch licensing announcements.

Normally I'm an SSC optimist, but I'm betting the "many more 12-inch figures" are all Star Wars. And the "couple new 12-inch licensing" could be other deals like Hot Toys and Medicom.

Nope - ain't holding my breath...

Most of those in dispair are really just hoping Dusty will pipe in with a "now, now, there will be more Buffy 12" figures." so they can start re-posting their lists of 39 "must-have" Buffy/Angel figures that are needed to make the line complete! :lol

ffl1940 said:
Most of those in dispair are really just hoping Dusty will pipe in with a "now, now, there will be more Buffy 12" figures." so they can start re-posting their lists of 39 "must-have" Buffy/Angel figures that are needed to make the line complete! :lol

A little word would be nice.

ffl1940 said:

yep......that'll be me then!:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :D

ffl1940 said:
Most of those in dispair are really just hoping Dusty will pipe in with a "now, now, there will be more Buffy 12" figures."

And as usual all we hear is nothing. That's what bugs me the most, not the slow pace of releases. Star Wars gets updated info every five minutes, a simple "yes, something is coming" or "don't get your hopes up" for Buffy/Angel fans isn't too much to ask I don't think. I'm tired of whining about it though because it doesn't do any good.

TheObsoleteMan said:
And as usual all we hear is nothing. That's what bugs me the most, not the slow pace of releases. Star Wars gets updated info every five minutes, a simple "yes, something is coming" or "don't get your hopes up" for Buffy/Angel fans isn't too much to ask I don't think. I'm tired of whining about it though because it doesn't do any good.

If you think about it, Sideshow wouldn't say something like "don't get your hopes up". Maybe if there was something around the corner, they would've said a word to calm us by now. Unless they are really mean and want us to suffer so that the surprise is a big one... this silence makes you feel ignored and prepared for the worst... I don't want to think this way! Help!

I'm disappointed too. I really was hoping to see Wesley and Illyria for the Angel line and possibly a OMWF Buffy, Willow, and Tara.

I could understand them taking a break/hiatus for a while, but I do hope they come back. I would think they would have really good luck if they'd revisit Buffy, Willow, and Faith with better likenesses. They'd also sell a lot of a new human Spike for the Angel line. That would get the line jump started for us exising fans and possible new fans.

If they focused on a specific episode, people might be more inclined to buy the full set. If they would revisit characters in Chosen or Not Fade Away episode specific outfits, it would really show that the licenses still have a 1/6" scale future!

We'll just have to wait and see...

Last edited:
Well, I've read all your posts on this matter and I am not only disappointed, but also PISSED, and disturbed.It was the Buffy line that brought be into the Sideshow fold.I bought ALL the 12" Buffy figures they made; as well as many, many, many other lines of their 1/6th figures. I can't afford (nor do I want) any PF Resin statues. And I'm Star Warred out after paying for Jabba and his throne! If I cut out buying all other lines than my original favorite....as it stands now....I sure wouldn't have much of anything left to buy! If this keeps up, I'll have to change my forum name as well!

I'm trying not to be "sour grapes" but as others have mentioned, Sideshow seems to be not only "expanding the merchandise they can offer to their customers" but loosing sight of the customers who bought those first $30 -$40 figures, and who may not be interested in higher priced stuff which is way out of their ball park. I'll wait and see what comes out for SDCC, but oh well,.........:cool:

Well it was the Buffy line that drew me to Sideshow too, infact I've only bought from their Buffyverse line and haven't yet felt drawn to purchase any other figures.

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end, as I so desperately want a Wesley, as well as a whole host of other characters.

*Crosses fingers*

When Sideshow do make more figures I sooooooo hope its not Wesley im mean he has to be the worst character ever,he was annoying in buffy and at the start of Angel then he was a jerk who wanted Fred even though Fred was better with Gunn then he took conner and then he died!YAY!

Sideshow should instead give us more Buffy and an Anya and then Fred........I mean what a boring figure Wesley would make.

I'm sorry. Wesley is a superb character. He changed so much during his time on the shows. From bumbling Watcher, to tragic, gun touting hero.

His was a complex and interesting tale, which was incredibly important to AtS in regards to Angels son, Angel and of course Fred.

IMHO, Wesley's journey is the best on the series, and the only thing I like about the later seasons. He received great character development.

I have to agree wes is such a "fleshed"out character
I really like how he went from the . tool in buffy to the rouge demon hunter in angel
Id love a little wes ... you now what I mean :lol

sueworld said:
I'm sorry. Wesley is a superb character. He changed so much during his time on the shows. From bumbling Watcher, to tragic, gun touting hero.

His was a complex and interesting tale, which was incredibly important to AtS in regards to Angels son, Angel and of course Fred.

Sorry to breakup the discussion but what does your avatar say? It flashed by so fast. Seems like a person walks behind Spike!

But going onto topic again, Wes is the best choice:D

It says 'watching'.

It's from a series of animated icons made for Live Journal taken from the episode 'School Hard'. It's where he's watching Buffy for the first time across the dance floor.

sueworld said:
It says 'watching'.

It's from a series of animated icons made for Live Journal taken from the episode 'School Hard'. It's where he's watching Buffy for the first time across the dance floor.

Hello Sue, I recognize you from the BTVSfigs forums, and I was curious, did you sculpt everything that is in your signature? If so, do you have a website to showcase more of your work? Those pieces are absolutely amazing from what is shown.

Back