No more Waitlists !! What's going on ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldbuffalo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Looks like something new at SS. All waitlists are gone and they have some kind of link for the Network for dealers.

Wow, I see what you mean. Another new policy I don't particularly like. I don't like any of the recent changes SS has made:

- removal of waitlists (if true)
- Non refundable deposits
- cancellation fee
- change of newsletter time
- change of web page layout
- Twitter/facebook during spook

I wonder if they got new management that just doesn't get it or if this is because of all current economic situation, although I have no idea how removing potential customers via the waitlist would be a good economic decision.

I can't imagine they would get rid of waitlists. Let's wait this out and see if it is a site maintenance kind of thing.

Wow, I see what you mean. Another new policy I don't particularly like. I don't like any of the recent changes SS has made:

- removal of waitlists (if true)
- Non refundable deposits
- cancellation fee
- change of newsletter time
- change of web page layout
- Twitter/facebook during spook

I wonder if they got new management that just doesn't get it or if this is because of all current economic situation, although I have no idea how removing potential customers via the waitlist would be a good economic decision.

Seems like there getting in line with other on line distributors in regards to the cancellation fees and no refundable deposits

More importantly, why is this in the Marvel section?

Don't you know all the random threads get started in the Marvel section? Examples:

Deposits on Exclusive Pre-Orders: Sideshow's New Policy?

Thursday Newsletter- What will we see???

:monkey3

I was just looking at all the 12" figures in stock this morning and all the Wait Lists are there. :huh

Is this just more chicken little crap? :panic::panic::panic::panic:

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

chicken-little.jpg

My guess is that they got their warehouse organized and can safely tell which items are sold out, thereby removing the need for a waitlist for that item.

Yeah, something is up... whether it is just a web site glitch or something else, wait lists for things like Gollum PF and Vampirella are gone, and those won't even ship for months!

After the troubles they had with spoke, I wouldn't be surprised with any site issues. Especially with them rolling out a new UI who knows what kind of problems they might be having.

Or they are saying "____ you" to things with preorders already sold out. Then once they cancel they will go back up and it will be first come first serve.

After the troubles they had with spoke, I wouldn't be surprised with any site issues. Especially with them rolling out a new UI who knows what kind of problems they might be having.

Or they are saying "____ you" to things with preorders already sold out. Then once they cancel they will go back up and it will be first come first serve.

I say glitch. Inventory control wouldn't effect items that haven't arrived/shipped yet.

God I hope not. I can't sit around refreshing the SSC site for months. Waitlist gives me a chance at something I'd surely miss if they decide to just throw the scraps to the wolves as available.

I was just looking at all the 12" figures in stock this morning and all the Wait Lists are there. :huh

Is this just more chicken little crap? :panic::panic::panic::panic:

I checked the gollum, which I was seriously considering jumping on, and it's gone. I also checked hobgoblin, but that thing still hasn't sold out with only an ES of 300, so there hasn't been an opportunity for waitlist.

So maybe only the newer stuff and SS isn't going to go back retroacticely on all the older stuff and update each product page.

My guess is that they got their warehouse organized and can safely tell which items are sold out, thereby removing the need for a waitlist for that item.

This theory wouldn't apply to the newst of products, such as Gollum, which hasn't even started selling yet.

Back