No HD Indy KOTCS? Say It Isn't So

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit confused - as far as I understand it, full digital roll-out is still a long way off for most theaters. Even our fanciest theaters in Los Angeles only have a couple of screens for digital projection.

Just looked it up - there are only 5000 DLP screens in the US and about 22,000 screens - so that's a little over 25%.

Want to know a really nerdy thing I do sometimes? I turn the color all the way down, and watch RAIDERS in black & white while I'm working. I'll mess with contrast and brightness to try to equate the picture quality of an older film. It's stupid, I know, but it's fun.

Someday I'll get some DVD-ripping software, and get the whole film on a computer, then run it through Adobe After-Effects or some post-production software, and make a b&w RAIDERS with emulsion scratches, flicker, the works.

-AH!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl i did that once! on AE it took for ever to render!!

They should have filmed it in RED! everybody should be filming in RED already!

I know, I wonder why anyone would film with another camera with that thing out. The only possible disadvantage is that the FPS limit is at around 120 I think, there is a different digital camera that can record like 2,000FPS in HD though. But it's not as good quality and it's more expensive.

If you don't know what RED is---www.red.com

It's a film quality HD (full 4k theater resolution) digital camera that costs around $17,000 for the camera body, compared to about $100,000 for what Lucas paid for the digital cameras that were used on the last couple of Star Wars films.

I know, I wonder why anyone would film with another camera with that thing out. The only possible disadvantage is that the FPS limit is at around 120 I think, there is a different digital camera that can record like 2,000FPS in HD though. But it's not as good quality and it's more expensive.

If you don't know what RED is---www.red.com

It's a film quality HD (full 4k theater resolution) digital camera that costs around $17,000 for the camera body, compared to about $100,000 for what Lucas paid for the digital cameras that were used on the last couple of Star Wars films.

Yea! its like 28 grand for a descent package! and its awesome!

Back