No edition numbers on 12" Luke?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Super Serg I've seen on more than one occassion a lower number item sell for more than the same item but with a higher edition number. Now, this usually only happened on pieces like the Balrog, WK, CT, etc but it does happen.

i dont think being numbered will add any extra value to the 12" line, nor would calling it a limited edition. (ask Master Replicas about that) but i wouldnt mind seeing maybe the edition size put somewhere on the box. like say "Production size 1,200" or something to that effect.

If a company is unscrupulous enough to make a higher number than what they claim why in space would we trust them to not make duplicates of the same number?

OK- so the answer to my question is no- they are not numbered. Cool. :D

hairlesswookiee said:
i dont think being numbered will add any extra value to the 12" line, nor would calling it a limited edition. (ask Master Replicas about that) but i wouldnt mind seeing maybe the edition size put somewhere on the box. like say "Production size 1,200" or something to that effect.

They did do that with the older figures like Frankenstein. It was a little sticker that said 1 of 15,000 or what ever (not indivdually numbered though, they all said 1 of X).

I was looking at the Gentle Giant Dumbledore bust on eBay. A few have sold recently for $32 and $29.99. Then there were two that sold for $47.99, listed in the auction as low numbers--#60 and #61. So some people are willing to pay 50% more for a piece if it is a low number. I know that I prefer lower numbers and would choose a lower number over a higher one any day, but there would be a limit as to how much more I would be willing to pay to get one.

Super Serg said:
ummmmm...
tomandshell, don't mean to disrespect you but there's NO WAY that low
edition numbers could fetch for more on ebay!!! NO WAY!

At least that's what I just learned from 1 of customikeys many thought
provoking posts above:

*emphasis added my me (tee hee)

*ss*

You're mocking me!!!! I will not be mocked!!

:peace

Excuse me for interupting but can everyone look at the bottom of your shipping box. Mine has 1200 written on it with a broad black magic marker. I don't know if this is written by FedEx or SSC, but curious. Maybe the actual box isn't numbered but the shipping box? :confused:

wookilar8 said:
Excuse me for interupting but can everyone look at the bottom of your shipping box. Mine has 1200 written on it with a broad black magic marker. I don't know if this is written by FedEx or SSC, but curious. Maybe the actual box isn't numbered but the shipping box? :confused:

I don't think this is the Luke # but mine says: 432.

I agree that these are not toys. I would never fathom giving one of these to a child. That's what Hasbros are for. :cool:

I think numbering these would be such a headache of epic proportions that I don't blame SS for not doing it. Think about it, what would you number? the box? it might get damaged and then you would need a replacement FOR A BOX. A certificate that comes with the figure? lame.

fsdrfg1ov.png

YOU ARE CORRECT!!! This topic does indeed suck.

AND it sucked the last four times someone brought it up.

Now let us never mention it again.

Back